High Tide Aquatics

0ld PM's

Unfortunately, we will not be able restore PMs due to the technical differences between the two different platforms. Sorry for the inconvenience and lack of foresight in this area.

You can also start conversations with folks by selecting their username/handle and then selecting "Start a Conversation" in the popup/modal window. :)

There is really no way to retrieve the old PMs? A bunch of my planning for the East Bay tank tour was through PM. Its not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to keep those.

Are my PM's lost forever? ;(
Nope, they're still on the old site. ;)
Boo!
What happened to the BAR logo? And sponsor banners?
Waiting on something more appropriate and updated, both the logo and the sponsor banners. Also, an add-on needs to be implemented (which is on the Feature Request thread) in order for us display the banners in select locations around the site.
There is really no way to retrieve the old PMs? A bunch of my planning for the East Bay tank tour was through PM. Its not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to keep those.
There may be a way but it'll take some digging to find out. You guys are welcome to put it in as a feature request in the Feature Request thread but it may be a while before I get around to it.

You could setup old.bareefers.org and put the old drupal forums on that, disable new registration and allow people to recover their PM's that are important to them ;)

You could setup old.bareefers.org and put the old drupal forums on that, disable new registration and allow people to recover their PM's that are important to them ;)

I'm afraid that people will leave our new forum and just stay on the old one, haha.

However, we could do that temporarily since it seems that some folks are still kind of attached to the old forum. :confused:

I'm afraid that people will leave our new forum and just stay on the old one, haha.

However, we could do that temporarily since it seems that some folks are still kind of attached to the old forum. :confused:

Totally, or just set it up for 30 days. Post a sticky or send an email announcement to let everyone grab their goods and then just disable it again :)

Back