Kessil

Need 140 gallons saltwater or RO water

I'm having my 1st reef tank setup and now I need some water. Where can I get good deal for 140 gal of good saltwater or RO water?

I got the Aquaticlife delux RO-DI unit but it waste almost 6 gal of water to produce 1 gal of good water. Thinking I have to paid for 7 gal of water plus salt to get one gallon of saltwater. Any recommend for a good value 5 stage RO-DI unit?

I guess so, I dont have a pressure meter to measure. I'm using the water line on the back yard. this is the strongest pressure around the house.

I got the Aquaticlife delux RO-DI unit but it waste almost 6 gal of water to produce 1 gal of good water. Thinking I have to paid for 7 gal of water plus salt to get one gallon of saltwater. Any recommend for a good value 5 stage RO-DI unit?
Double check the flush valves, and make sure they are off all the way.
But 7:1 is really not all that far out of normal.

You might want this one instead:
http://spectrapure.com/AQUARIUM/RO-DI-SYSTEMS/Ultra-High-Efficiency-1-1-Ratio-Systems

Definitely get a pressure gauge, $20 from BRS. I bet your pressure is low. A booster pump will fix it if that is the issue. Low pressure will make any ro unit waste more water than it would at a good psi (70-80 for most).
You aren't going to find water for less than a filler a gallon as far as I know. Especially not delivered if that's what you're looking for.

@kensington
Since the poly bio is not really an RO system, curious how you use it. Do you use it directly for your topoff water? For your salt mixing water?

Do you already have good water quality where you are to make sure minimal impact/filtering is needed?

I always thought chloramines and such are detrimental to our livestock?

Love to learn more.

I called Aquaticlife support yesterday and resolve some issue. I tried the Ro-DI again last night, after first 40 gal of good water, I only waste around 50 gallon of bad water. But I have another issue, before filter tap water is 250 ppm, after filter my good water is 11 ppm, my drinking water from the water store is 4ppm, all measure by the TDS-3 meter. I just called the support again this morning and he recommend me to adjust the membrane cartridge enable to lower the TDS.

@kensington
Since the poly bio is not really an RO system, curious how you use it. Do you use it directly for your topoff water? For your salt mixing water?

Do you already have good water quality where you are to make sure minimal impact/filtering needed?

I always thought chloramines and such are detrimental to our livestock?

Love to learn more.

I use Kold Sterile Filters and then run it through Kati Ani resins. Silmiliar to a typical
RO/DI without the waste water. They're pics on my build thread of it.

Here's more info:

http://www.poly-bio-marine.com

I use Kold Sterile Filters and then run it through Kati Ani resins. Silmiliar to a typical
RO/DI without the waste water. They're pics on my build thread of it.

Here's more info:

http://www.poly-bio-marine.com
wow, just read the website in more detail. My initial read when first mentioned, I did not read the fine print.

Amazing!
4gpm with ability to process 150,000 gallons... And for $300 (at least that is what I saw on their website). Sounds totally worth it!

4gpm is fast! In an hour, I'll make 240 gallons of filtered water!

Back