High Tide Aquatics

What did you do to your tank today?

Not today (because I'm working), but did water testing for Alk, CA, P02, & N03 yesterday. Water changes were done on the 450 and frag tank earlier this week.

Today I:
Fed clownfish fry
40gal water change clownfish system #2
Fed all fish/corals
120gal water change on 500gal reef n fuge system
Fed clownfish fry
Fed all fish/corals
Will feed fry again later

Well, this morning I had a two hour "training" session with my house sitter (Vacation scares the hell out of me!!). This was the second one. He can now.... feed the fish, twice a day. Clean the skimmer, add Kalkwasser, turn on the RO / DI for the top off system and find corals that have been knocked off by the urchin and put them in the frag tank.

Conveniently.......the urchin had knocked off a coral, so I explained how to raise the canopy, turn off the pumps and look for the coral. Then use the tongs.......Oh so carefully........to remove the coral and put it in the frag tank.

Of coarse then I re-glued the frag and spent an hour or so staring at the tank. Checked the Alk, fed Nori and the usual food. :D

Well, this morning I had a two hour "training" session with my house sitter (Vacation scares the hell out of me!!).
Kris, you can give your house sitter my phone number JUST in case if there was an emergency. Maybe 2 sets of eyes are better than one if there was an issue or just in case he/she needed a hand with something. Just an offer and hopefully not needed ;)

Poisoned my tank with Levamisole to kill my first ever outbreak of red planaria flatworms. Despite dipping I seem to have picked them up sometime between March and June. I have been siphoning them for a week to reduce the numbers and today was finally the day to drop the bomb. I added a couple pounds of fresh carbon after half an hour and did a 30% water change after 3 hours. They were only in one corner of my frag tank with none in my display tank. For unknown reasons they exploded in population after I returned from my June vacation and resumed feeding the coral.

Water change on the FT, making water/saltwater, cleaned skimmer, hand fed cuttlefish, fed fish, wiped down sumps, added alk in main display, and water testing.

Last edited:
Back