Jestersix

Bubbles!!!!

A few of my rose bubble tips in my now temporary frag tank. Unfortunately the tops are brightly lit, and the camera picks that up and the bottom parts are extremely dark. I said 2 dozen or so in the other thread, just a rough guess, after 20 I stopped counting because I have to heavily feed the tank, let them deflate while they're eating then I can do a foot count. THere are a couple that seem to be always shaded, not sure how they survive.

P1010015.JPG
P1010016.JPG
P1010021.JPG

Yours yours? Or one from Brandi? I know she got one from me not too long ago, it came from this brood.

Thing is I don't need nor want this many RBTAs, gotta figure out how Dr Foster & Smith can get away charging $90 an anemone and make some money off of them!

Wow, that is awesome. Is it the flash that cause the red color to become so pink? Do your RBTA have a purple base or greenish base? I have 2 rbtas (strain from Vincerama)

Wow, that is awesome. Is it the flash that cause the red color to become so pink? Do your RBTA have a purple base or greenish base? I have 2 rbtas (strain from Vincerama)

No flash on the picture, the bright white is due to the LEDs, they're VERY bright. The pinkish is a bit exaggerated in the picture due to the oversaturation of the white light (I didn't bother photoshopping the realism back :D), however my theory is the more "vibrant" colors is due to the bubbles being inflated, when I had them under a metal halide they got very long stringy tentacles very similar to that picture you posted in the other thread and the tentacles were more deeper red color, and having noticed them when they're small with bubbles they do look much brighter even under the halides, they just eventually got longer tentacles, for whatever reason bubbles is the mode they're working on here under the halides... perhaps too bright.

As to the base, I assume you mean around the mouth? Its has green streaks/stripes, more visible when you only hit them with blue light, this setup has both blue and white on with no variations. It also caused the bubbles to glow very bright too. Maybe when I get the new tank setup I'll isolate these in their own "fuge" or something... maybe.

Where these came from... lets see ages ago, reefcentral guy by the name of AznDragon I think (might have the handle wrong) Jason was his name though I believe, I recall he was big into high end corals and what not. This was "high end" back in the day just because it was unique then, not because it has yellow tips or what not :D

Yours yours? Or one from Brandi? I know she got one from me not too long ago, it came from this brood.

Thing is I don't need nor want this many RBTAs, gotta figure out how Dr Foster & Smith can get away charging $90 an anemone and make some money off of them!
The one I have is actually mine. Brandie's never split for her.

Give it time, it'll split like crazy I'm sure :D

Or maybe it won't and only I hold the magic elixir to natural anemone propagation!!!! :D

Either way, when is the next BAR frag swap, I think I'll toss any stragglers into the pot

Back