Neptune Aquatics

RBTA max size in a tank?

Our rose is huge. 15"X12 during the day. Its on a funky rock and takes a couple hours to open all the way up. How big can i expect it to get? Its in a 90.

Attachments

• IMG_20130912_160558_538.jpg
    IMG_20130912_160558_538.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 396
I have one nearly the same size... I can't wait for it to split. It's taken over the tank. I'm not sure if I should just try to feed it more and hope that it splits, or feed it less and hope that it starts bubbling up again and doesn't open up as much.

Mine has split 4 times and still has its bubble tips. I took the rock out of water for 30 sec and then in less then a week they split. I don't even like to cut zoas and no way would I cut my anemone to sacred of losing her

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much for the info. I have thought about taking a knife to the rose and decided that it was the worst idea ever. What kind of lighting do u have, what depth are they, what do you feed/how often, size of tank? Clowns hosting?

Thank you very much for the info. I have thought about taking a knife to the rose and decided that it was the worst idea ever. What kind of lighting do u have, what depth are they, what do you feed/how often, size of tank? Clowns hosting?

75 gallon tank with 2 of my entails and one in my 25 gallon frag tank. I only ment to put him in for a day and it found a spot right on top of a challice. When i first got one i was running t5 now I am using a 48' led from reefbreaders.com and other one has a 150 kessil. Clowns are hosting and I feed once a week with scallops.

How did u do with t5s? Did u run 4 or 6 bulbs? Did they seem happy? Bulb combos/recommendations?

T5s are fine I did 4 bulb and can't remember what combo I had. I think they were happy, I went led cause I had some extra money and it was time for new bulbs. Whybput new bulbs when led is less money in the long run.

My RBTA also got very large. He actually became problematic because he started stinging some SPS corals. When I first bought him, he was one of the first additions to the tank and was fairly small. Once I was comfortable he was going to settle down and stop moving around I started adding more SPS corals away from him. Well he eventually got huge, much larger than I expected. Here's a video clip of him at his largest, fast forward to 11:25. Anyhow, I had to re-scape my aquarium to keep him on his own island. He split two times after this video was done. Came home from vacation and I had two. That same week, I ended up with three. I gave one of them to Aqua Exotic. you're welcome Matt :)

Back