High Tide Aquatics

[Oct 19, 2013] 2nd Annual Breeding and Propagation Workshop (Hayward, CA)

Arnold
They have been eating spectrum micro pellets and crushed flakes. Date of hatch was first half of July.
Grow them and love them!

I'm pissed I could not stay...$h!t happens

BTW what types of clowns were they? ocellaris or percula?

P1010039.JPG
P1010039.JPG

Thanks Erin...I will try feeding small TDO pellets i got from Gresham. Maybe cyclopseeze. I feed them frozen mysis but they didn't eat yesterday. Maybe they were to stressed.

Alright, now that we've had a chance to take a breather, the thanks are overdue! This workshop simply couldn't come together without all the people who put their blood, sweat, and tears into it.

Firstly thanks go out to the presenters: Joe Yaiullo, Todd Gardner, Jim Welsh, Charlie Piper, Eric Armstrong, and Robin Bittner, for sharing their expertise and insights with us and enabling us to enhance our husbandry of the livestock in our care.

Special thanks also go out to our fantastic sponsors: Diablo Corals, Aquatic Collection, and Neptune Aquatics for showcasing their own in-house propagation efforts and making these available to hobbyists. We would also like to thank Kessil and Reed Mariculture for being present at this event.

There would be no event without our dedicated volunteers, whose heavy lifting carried the day:
@Apon @DeeAnnMG @dswong @F6553066 @ FeliciaLynn @Kmooresf @Piper @rygh @tr1gger @xulio

Shoutouts to @Coral reefer for planning and running the BAR frag tank, @bondolo for organizing and watching over the Gear Swap, @gimmito for working out the logistics with our out-of-town speakers, @mray2660 for taking on a host of administrative tasks, and @patchin for handling the lunch catering and making sure everything in the meeting rooms are in place.

Please give these folks a pat on the back the next time you see them!

We would love to get some feedback on what you liked, what you didn't, and anything else that might have run across your mind during the event. Our goal is to make this event bigger and better year after year, and we want to know what you want to see!

Today was awesome! Met a lot of the members I hadn't met before and the speakers really blew me away. A great event and I got my shirt! Thanks to the BOD and all the volunteers for today's event.

You've uncovered the open secret, Dan! Volunteering is the best way to meet and get to know a few folks. Thanks so much for helping out with the BAR tables and silent auction!

Back