Jestersix

Felicia's 30 Gallon Seahorse Tank - Seahorses have arrived!!!

Ok thanks for the info, that is a great price. I have fragged my gorgs before and its pretty easy, just attaching it to a rock can be tricky. You need to cut off some flesh and expose the branch base to glue that in.
You're welcome! Good to know about fragging them! Thanks for the info.

Shipping is $40....going to have to see if anyone wants to split an order with me. Is this where you got the sea horses.

Shipping is $40....going to have to see if anyone wants to split an order with me. Is this where you got the sea horses.
Yep, unfortunately that's pretty much the standard overnight shipping cost. They do however have certain items that they will ship USPS priority for only $15.50, but gorgonians can't be shipped that way. Their prices are so low though, that my orders still end up reasonable priced even including the shipping. You just have to order a few things. I got 5 gorgonians, 5 sponges, 3 serpent stars, a bunch of snails, a bunch of hermit crabs, and a mated pair of jawfish from them for only $200 including the shipping when I started stocking this tank.

KP Aquatics does have seahorses, but they are wild caught. My seahorses are all from a captive breeding facility called Southwatch Seahorse.

If you're looking for other people to get in on the order with you, I know people have been looking for ricordea and KPA has very nice ricordea.

lmk if some folks want some rics happy to add to the order. Maybe I can get this in before the tank tour.
Maybe you should start a thread for it? I'm not sure who wanted rics but I know someone at BAP asked me if I frag and sell my rics. People may want gorgonians too and then you could split the shipping. I wish I had known earlier you were interested. I have an order from KPA coming tomorrow that I placed end of last week, haha! I got things that could do priority 2-day shipping though. Some snails, a yellow frilly sponge, and a St. Thomas mushroom.

Let me tell you, those spiral wires LOVE Coral Frenzy. Check out how puffy the yellow one got while it was eating. You can actually see bits of food in its puffed up tissue.
IMG_5111Edit.jpg

IMG_5113Edit.jpg

And two of the silly seahorses. They seem to think this is going to get them food faster, but it actually just means I can't feed anymore food until they let go of the tweezers!
laugh.png
Also, disregard their color. They are still coated in bits of algae. The algae has gotten a bit better since I got the reactors, but there is still a lot. I think its more of a new tank syndrome thing. I hope in a couple months it all gets balanced and clears up like my main tank.
IMG_5134Edit.jpg

Oh, and Lily says hi!
IMG_4967.jpg

I finally moved some zoas and softies from my main tank over to the seahorse tank last night. They're not open yet, but here are two different varieties of vice zoas. I figured since most things in the tank come from the Caribbean, that I would stick to Caribbean zoas in this tank.
IMG_5169Edit.jpg

Mushroom island. The purple mushrooms on the top right just got moved over from the main tank and are a bit shrunken up.
IMG_5154Edit.jpg

I received another order from KP Aquatics yesterday. The new St. Thomas mushroom from KPA is on the right. Its not all the way open yet though. Also, for anyone who notices, yes that is a cat hair in the photo
dry.png

IMG_5149Edit.jpg

Yellow frilly sponge from KPA. Its really more orange than yellow
smile.png

IMG_5172Edit.jpg

Thanks to Dick for the yellow fiji leahter. So glad I got another one of these! Its already coloring up to be brighter yellow since I got it
smile.png

IMG_5162Edit.jpg

Ric garden!
IMG_5158Edit.jpg

Gorgonian macros
IMG_5178Edit.jpg

IMG_5188Edit.jpg

Serious eye candy, Felicia!

Love the cat hair. It's amazing how the furry beasts manage to spread their hair EVERYWHERE.
Thank you, John! The eye candy is this tank is so much less expensive than the other tank! So much easier to care for too, compared to like SPS corals and clams :)

Yeah, Lily's hair ends up absolutely everywhere. I always get some in the tanks during water changes.

Ie been away for too long. That is one great video, and a bunch of great pics!
Thanks DeeAnn!

Time for even more photos! I placed a big order with KP Aquatics that arrived this past week, so here is the tank with all the new goodies!

New FTS.

New red and yellow finger gorgonians and spiny orange sea rod. The yellow and red fingers finally started having nice polyp extension this evening. Many more polyps were out after this photo when I fed the tank.

Mushroom land!

The zoa rock. The two sets on frag plugs are both vice-type zoas. The other zoas are new ones from KPA. Bottom ones are the yellow-eyed zoas and the ones to the left are the neon blue zoas.

Definitely the prettiest shade of purple of any of my purple gorgonians! And it was a freebie with my KPA order! You can see the new large yellow ball sponge behind the gorgonian.

The tiny white zoas on my new zoa-encrusted ball sponge started opening tonight!

Side view.

Bonnie and Clyde the mated pair of yellowhead jawfish.

He looks angry in this photo :lol:

Back