High Tide Aquatics

Brandie's 210 Upgrade

I've been considering trying one out. Actually saw the wp-25 and wp-40s on amazon with free prime shipping.

I have two wp40s running in my 120. These things move some water. especially considering their price. They are also quieter than vortechs imo. Its extremely diffucult for me to find lower flow areas for my LPS. I have been using them for several months now and still going strong! Two wp40's totalled $120 for me where as 2 mp40's would have cost me an arm and a leg so i couldnt be happier! The biggest difference of the water action between vortechs and jeboas are that the WP's have a much more concentrated flow whereas the vortechs have an awesome super broad flow.

Yeah I got one I bought from a member for "cheap" (Compared to the cost of a new one). And while nice, and it will be used, it's going to be a hard time justifying nearly $700 for a pump, when I can get something that moves similar water volume for a fraction of the cost.

For all you non believers :p I will post up progress pics on lunch haha. Didn't get a chance to do so last night.

4esyjutu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
It's been too long since I've visited my "watched" threads, so am seeing this post for the fist time now. And all I have to say is, "WOWZERS!" Everything looks amazing. Is Tank Envy a thing? If so, I'm feeling it.

Last edited:
Hey guys!!

Long awaited update, I'm sure. I'm happy to let you know that all my plumbing is curing right now!!!! Once Denzil gets home, I'm going to ask him to help me get the canopy off, and I am going to start putting up and working with my pumps, then put some sand in, and hopefully a batch of water!!!! I'm soooo excited!!!!!

I'll post pics up later. :D

Alrighty guys!! Here is your long awaited update!! Be prepared to sit and look for a while, 'cause it's gonna be a long one ;)

Here is the plumbing all completed (for the most part). As you may noticed, the sump still needs some work done. I plan on doing that the next couple of evenings. :)
image.jpg

Feeling so official now!! Please excuse the grunge look. Been working on the plumbing all day.
image.jpg

Heck yeah!!!! We are getting there!!
image.jpg

After about 20 minutes or so. We ended up using my nieces $.50 cent beach shovel to move sand around... pretty awesome IMO. LOL
image.jpg

Pretty happy with the amount of sand that's in there. Yet again I bought way more than I needed (damn reef central sand bed calculator is waaaaay off!) but that's ok. Denzil's got a big tank now too ;) My melanurus wrasse pair will be happy <3 :) Really, before you post anything, it's not as deep as it looks.
image.jpg

After I got all the sand in, it was time to go rinse the calc reactor media so it wouldn't make a mess in my beautiful, non-dusty new tank. (learned that lesson with my 60) After I got it rinsed, I put it around the rock structures so that my pistol shrimp, and soon to be jaw fish pair had enough stuff to build with. :) I can't remember what his screen name is, but we went to his house in Fremont for the South Bay tank tour, and he was the one that clued me in to the reactor media from Neptunes. He said his jawfish (and he had quite a few!) loved it!
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Now I gotta get my three bags of shells ready for boiling before they go in the tank! Got them from Michaels. It's great for your hermits to have something to grow in to! And I plan on having quite a few hermits ;)
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 242
I boiled the shells for 5 minutes, then I put them in the strainer. Getting so close now!!!
image.jpg

Here they are!! All cleaned and ready to go into their new home!!! OMG, so CLOSE to adding water!!!
image.jpg

Here are the shells scattered around the structures. Not only do they provide homes for my hermits, and more building mats for my burrowing creatures, I now have decent rubble for pods to grow and flourish ;) Yup, with the pump holders in place, sand down, shells and media all in, I think it's time for a batch of water.......
image.jpg

Here it is folks!!! The christening batch of water, all ready to go and be put into the tank!!!!
image.jpg

But did it actually happen....????!!!???

Why, yes, yes it did!!! :D At 11:58p, the christening batch of water went into the tank!!! I put roughly 32 gallons in. I'll be putting it in my mixing can before putting it into the tank so I can keep track of how many gallons go in, hopefully making the guestimate on the salt mixing a bit easier.
image.jpg

TADA!!! Hope you enjoyed :D It may take me a while, but I will continue to post up pics when I can!!

This is awesome and very exciting. Congrats on the great looking build! Meanwhile, I couldn't figure out what you guys were watching on TV ;)

LOL something on HLNtv!! I love HLN!

And thank you! :D I am very excited to have it up and going. Wasn't sure what I was more excited about, the progress, or just having a normal living room back... LOL

Back