Neptune Aquatics

Zeroinverse Berghia Breeding (again!)

A while back, I tried to breed berghias. I got two successful egg clutches to grow to juveniles (of which I only collected 10 juvenile berghias...

The other egg clutches... Too many of my egg clutch growout containers got contaminated with zooplankton.

SOOOOOO, I GAVE UP
===============
In my recent effort to start up my propagation tank, I found 3 adult berghias lying around (I knew they were around, just didn't know where).

SOOOOOOO, I AM STARTING BREEDING AGAIN.
================
THIS IS A CALL OUT FOR AIPTASIA.

Anyone who can get me 10 large aiptasias can get an egg clutch from me.
You can try to grow them out yourself, if you want.

Located in Walnut Creek, but
I am driving into Berkeley and San Francisco tomorrow (Thursay Aug 8).

==================
Hopefully if I can prevent contamination, I can grow out berghias again.

I do have some on a rock... er boulder in my tank, and while you're more than welcomed to them, I often just toss them into a bucket of oxy clean + water to try and sterilize the rocks.

I'm not sure how good I can be at plucking Aiptasia out of my tank (they're mainly on rocks) but I can try to get you some out of there if you want more in the future...

I always want aiptasia =)

So if you can just collect them and even just put them in a glass jar with slightly open lid for aeration, they'll keep for several weeks (or months) for that matter.

Then we can arrange time for pickup. ^_^

what do you guys recommend I use to yank them out? tweezers? I have lotsa plastic containers I'm sure over time I can have a bunch

Do not try to yank them out, you will leave pieces behind, and they'll continue to grow and you might cause more to grow. Only thing I've ever found that was truly effective is to remove the rock, and chip off the piece of the rock that has aiptasia on it.

Back