Cali Kid Corals

ORA Spongodes

Description: The ORA Spongodes is a Montipora sp. with an interesting growth pattern and coloration. It creates a substantial encrusting plate formation with thick fingers projecting upwards from the plates. The plates and fingers have a very attractive combination of contrasting brown and green colors. Under intense lighting, the new growth on this coral turns vibrant purple.

Placement: All Levels
Lighting: Medium – High
Flow: Moderate – Strong

RULES:
  1. Must be a BAR Member.
  2. This coral grows pretty much anywhere, so if you have a saltwater tank and some sort of light, I'm fairly confident you can keep it alive.
  3. Must give frags to at least three members before selling/trading it.
  4. Pickup in San Francisco or at next BAR meeting.
  5. If my colony dies because of nuclear armageddon or a vicious act of God, I get first dibs on a new frag.
I have at least three frags to give away, so the first three people to respond will get them.

_1070855_zpsc18b6ff8.jpg

I'm going to break of a couple more pieces of this if anyone wants a frag. Most frags are probably going to be 2"-3". It needs a drastic haircut.

One frag went to Gunit a few weeks ago.
I have one frag set aside for Devon.

I still have massive amounts of this in my sump if anyone wants some...

ah, not my photo just something I found on the web but if I shot a pic of it I would have to say that it would look pretty much identical to that...

Let me know if I can grab the yellow bird's nest :)

I have already have it, so if someone else wants it my frag it can go to them. Thank you!

Last edited:
Back