Reef nutrition

Scarbird's Dream 250

IMG_20140117_144905_769.jpg
IMG_20140117_144958_978.jpg

Hoisting down from truck we used an aluminum a-frame and 2 come-alongs. Once we had it in the air, I slowly pulled the truck out. The crew had only to balance the tank while we lowered it onto the six wheel dolly.

Rad! Excited for ya, that thing is BEAUTIFUL! Love the giant sump!
Thanks Kris,
I too am very excited. I began assembling my bean animal style fittings inside the overflow box between games yesterday.
I purchased 1-1/2" abs fittings for this purpose (pics coming), so it looks like the one in the ghost advertisement.
I will have three 1-1/2" drains from the overflow box to my sump. I need to make a parts list next and purchase supplies.
Anyone have any 1-1/2 #80 fittings, true union ball valve, unions, or pipe? I'm in the market for surplus. :rolleyes:

Hoisting the tank onto its final resting place brings back a lot of memories. :) I still have quite a bit of 1 1/2" schedule 80 fittings left over from my build. Hit me up if you need them.

Hoisting the tank onto its final resting place brings back a lot of memories. :) I still have quite a bit of 1 1/2" schedule 80 fittings left over from my build. Hit me up if you need them.
Thanks a lot Jim. It's actually quite a relief since the rest of the build really has no schedule to adhere to. I'll be making a list of plumbing parts soon. I will pm you.

Last edited:
Parts assembled for beananimal style drains. The one on the right will have a ball valve in line to adjust for full syphon, allowing a trickle in the pipe on the left.
bean animal 003.JPG
bean animal 007.JPG

Wow, looking fantastic. What a job though.
How much did that beast weigh??

I really like your overflow setup.
Is the overflow box inside the DT removable for cleaning?
Looks like it could be if it attaches to those bulkheads.

Wow, looking fantastic. What a job though.
How much did that beast weigh??

I really like your overflow setup.
Is the overflow box inside the DT removable for cleaning?
Looks like it could be if it attaches to those bulkheads.
Thanks Mark, I really dig the ghost too!
I can remove it if the water level is down 5".
The weir is removable always, it is magnetically attached.
I think the tank weighed around 500 lbs but not sure.

This weekend I was able to plumb the drains from the ghost. After a little adjustment and a few changes on the configuration of the outlets into the sump, I was able to achieve total silence and zero bubbles @ 1800 GPH. I actually have to turn off the existing 72 bow front, skimmers and all to appreciate the silence! Wife is happy. :rolleyes:Plumbing 001.JPGPlumbing 003.JPG
You can see that the middle drain has a bit of a slope. This is the emergency drain and it will rarely have any flow. I wanted to be sure it would drain completely after each use.

Last edited:
Back