Reef nutrition

[Feb 8, 2014] 2014 BAR Members Only Frag Swap (Hayward, CA)

Thanks for helping each other out, guys. It is difficult to find the information scattered across threads as it currently exists, and a new front splash page developed by @magnetar68 will be forthcoming soon to make it easier to find the information you're looking for.

Man, I really want to participate, but my son has a preschool event at 3:30.

When is the swap happening? I'd love to bring stuff to share with all now that my tank is back up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I really want to participate, but my son has a preschool event at 3:30.

You better come. I'm specifically making a 'no peanut' cookie so Simon won't be left out of the sugar rush! :D

And you could leave early. Gifting your pick letter to some deserving cookie maker!! :p

Can someone with records look back at the past couple events and get an approximate head count of swappers? I know there's a RSVP in this thread but lets be honest... ;) I'm asking because I'm thinking of chopping up that chalice today or tomorrow and making 50 frags when only 25 people are going to be swapping might be a bit silly.

Can someone with records look back at the past couple events and get an approximate head count of swappers? I know there's a RSVP in this thread but lets be honest... ;) I'm asking because I'm thinking of chopping up that chalice today or tomorrow and making 50 frags when only 25 people are going to be swapping might be a bit silly.

Well everyone will go home a winner! Only a small percentage of attendees seem to RSVP. Must be shy! :)

And that reminds me to RSVP! :oops:

Well I'd like to make enough such that everyone would get some, however I realize there are those who already have it, and then there's having to have enough containers to put them in, think I'll make them just big enough to fit in the tiny "sample cup" sized containers.

Don't thank me, thank Durwin he's the one who donated the monster. I figure 30 pieces should be more than enough even if not everyone gets a piece, judging his tank on how fast they grow there might be more in the future :D

For people who don't have anything outside of the "these corals don't count" groups but may have all of those, is there another way to participate in the swap aside from the "newbies table" (which will probably mostly be the same "these corals don't count" species, I'm guessing)? I know in some swaps it's been possible to pay an additional fee or something along those lines. Thanks!

For people who don't have anything outside of the "these corals don't count" groups but may have all of those, is there another way to participate in the swap aside from the "newbies table" (which will probably mostly be the same "these corals don't count" species, I'm guessing)? I know in some swaps it's been possible to pay an additional fee or something along those lines. Thanks!

My first BAR swap was as a non-participant. It is a little disappointing to miss out on the excitement of the pick groups, however you have the opportunity to chat with great folks, eat good food in the potluck, and usually at the end of the swap everything left on the tables is open for grabs so generally nobody goes home empty-handed.

We don't have a buy-in for swaps as the goal is to encourage captive propagation and foster the exchange of corals being grown in our tanks. You will find the swaps are more fun and rewarding when you put in corals that you've grown yourself!

Nice work, Duwin and Mike!

No problem! My pleasure to give back to the club which has been so generous to me in the past.

And thanks Mike for taking the time to pick up the chalice and do all of the work to chop up the coral. If all of the frags don't get picked up by club members, maybe the club can sell them at future events to raise money.

What is the earliest time I can register? Daughter has a basketball game at 11:30-12:30 so I wiil be cutting close to the start time at 1 pm.

Back