Neptune Aquatics

Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

WOW I'm a bit jealous I have to admit, that is one gorgeous tank congrats :D

Yes my RO/DI arrived with a broken elbow as well, I think they have a clearance issue when the elbow is turned down & over the canister, it pushes it out adding stress on the plastic. Meh not a big deal but certainly an inconvenience.

You must do something that involves graphic design? I couldn't help but notice the stylish banners you made and of course I've seen your avatar many times...

WOW I'm a bit jealous I have to admit, that is one gorgeous tank congrats :D

Yes my RO/DI arrived with a broken elbow as well, I think they have a clearance issue when the elbow is turned down & over the canister, it pushes it out adding stress on the plastic. Meh not a big deal but certainly an inconvenience.

You must do something that involves graphic design? I couldn't help but notice the stylish banners you made and of course I've seen your avatar many times...

Thanks! And yeah, it does seem that way about the RO unit.

Web and graphic design I do for fun. Was a job a long time ago, currently out of it.
Fiji pink is... sand? or rock?

Do you have the tank already?

Fiji Pink sand and the tank and rock SHOULD be here tomorrow :)

Bummer about the RO/DI unit. BRS had a tube vid about their new shipping facility. Seems like they forgot some basics about packing. I got a GFO/Carbon reactor from them with broken parts. No problem, but the time, getting a replacement.

That fitting should be available from any decent hardware store for a few bucks if you are in a hurry. I know we can't wait to see this tank up and running! :)

Oh super awesome. Tank tour 2014 here we come! :D

Hope this thing is worthy of a tour in 2014 LOL

New arrivals!

Poor UPS guy, he brought these all the way to the third floor. He was new and didn't know I would come get them! :/

KGi6Ounl.jpg

100lbs Pukani

z2xAzNql.jpg

Radion Gen 3's!

KIMnCePl.jpg

aCdVY8gl.jpg

Oh good lord, there's a lot of $$$ worth of hardware there!

Put that rock in the pico tank to start colonizing it with bacteria :D

I couldn't fit a piece of the rubble in there if I wanted to!

very nice :cool:

Thanks!

OMFGGGGGGGG 3 radions thats so fat... let me know if i can help you get this tank up and running! Id love to help you out if you ever needed it!

After spending so much time around Genes tank, I am not sure I could pick a different light. If I can achieve half his colors I will be on cloud nince.

I will let you know if we need help, PM me your celly. Thanks!

It's funny but I realized yesterday that my LED configuration I'm building is almost exactly the same color combination as Radion Pros minus all the warm white & amber LEDs, seems the 2.1.1 ratio of blue.white.uv is something ecotech has mastered. I guess it's easy to say these days that the Radion is hands down one of the top 3 best LEDs on the market, if not THE best. Good choice :)

Didn't they come up with a nifty little app that allows you to control them wirelessly? might require an additional module if I recall correctly...

So this is where I am with my rocks. I like the look and it gives me a few features I want. The right side is too tall because the vertical piece is 19" in a 20" tank. So the right pillar would have to be cut down.

Thoughts and opinions welcomed!

XzwGLqD.jpg

seeing that backwards "C" shape on the top left of the rock in question I wonder what if you tilted it to the left to rest on the rock formation on the left in that pic, it looks like it may create a cool cave for fishes and it'll likely sit a couple of inches lower

Man that's one way to visualize the rock work! I usually just stack in the tank until I'm happy, your way is a lot easier :D

As to advice, eh.. everyone has their own desires of looks. What I often do is cut some rock flat, and physically attach it to the back wall (if it's acrylic and can have notches drilled in it). Going to have any fiberglass rods or epoxy (Jester?) holding it all together? Or just gravity? If you're going to have a support, I'd go with a cave against the back if possible rather than right in the middle (that's my preference though).

BTW, are you accounting for the overflow box that's inside the tank in your mock up? Hard to tell from what I see in the picture but it looks like stuff in the middle might be touching it. Also where are your pumps/flow going to come from?

seeing that backwards "C" shape on the top left of the rock in question I wonder what if you tilted it to the left to rest on the rock formation on the left in that pic, it looks like it may create a cool cave for fishes and it'll likely sit a couple of inches lower

I can't quite figure this one out. Will keep trying though!

Man that's one way to visualize the rock work! I usually just stack in the tank until I'm happy, your way is a lot easier :D

As to advice, eh.. everyone has their own desires of looks. What I often do is cut some rock flat, and physically attach it to the back wall (if it's acrylic and can have notches drilled in it). Going to have any fiberglass rods or epoxy (Jester?) holding it all together? Or just gravity? If you're going to have a support, I'd go with a cave against the back if possible rather than right in the middle (that's my preference though).

BTW, are you accounting for the overflow box that's inside the tank in your mock up? Hard to tell from what I see in the picture but it looks like stuff in the middle might be touching it. Also where are your pumps/flow going to come from?

Great forward thinking! I really do want to emaco everything together. Kmooresf and I talked about it, I think it can be done. Although, there are no real gravity defying features. I would just do as you mentioned and cut the bottoms flat on a few of them.

I did take the overflow box into consideration. Here is a VERY crude idea of top down.

0RpmHvB.jpg

I sorta like the "c" shape style. Like molokini crater. The pile on the right doesn't seem natural to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Nice tank, it's almost exactly the same dimensions as my Elos 120 (which remains to be set up)! Sorry to hear about the kitty though, I feel bad when pets get sick.

Back