Jestersix

Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

Thoughts and opinions welcomed!

Be careful what you ask for! :)

Seems like you have lots of rock. It's really hard to get a sense of the space from two dimensional pics but the space looks really full now and there aren't any corals yet. Will you be able to clean the tank sides?

There is a thread on RC about aquascaping. One of the best posts is a series of pics that start with dry tank all the way to 2+ yrs. growth. Once the tank and corals takes off it's almost impossible to see the rock. Make sure you have enough room for growth!

Be careful what you ask for! :)

I wouldn't ask if I wasn't open to all feedback ;)

Seems like you have lots of rock. It's really hard to get a sense of the space from two dimensional pics but the space looks really full now and there aren't any corals yet. Will you be able to clean the tank sides?

I agree. It is a lot of rock and it has been slimming down each time I rebuild it. I will be sure to leave plenty of room for placement, growth and cleaning. Thanks!

So the tank arrived today and we were able to muscle it inside and get unwrapping. Shipping was SUPER poor and they took more care to wrap the stand than the actual tank. Only a cardboard surround on the tank with 1/8" fiberboard and some styrofoam. Not even corner protectors. Very poor but luckily no damage to the tank or glass in general.

The plumbing on the other hand they have included is an absolute train wreck. Everything is basically having to be redone which would not be an issue if everything wasn't in metric! Metric bulkheads and piping will be my demise. Tank wont have water for a bit yet till we get it figured out. Also, they didn't send my return pump in the packaging and one of the shelf pegs was completely broken off and MIA.

N1XtVgml.jpg

hNw9mlJl.jpg

hQgjNesl.jpg

08DhNU0l.jpg

pCQiuNtl.jpg

uBNLR8Yl.jpg

hyNbTh8l.jpg

v1AwR5cl.jpg

More later when we get things sorted.

Metric sizes? UGH!!! Hopefully they gave you all the pipe you'll need.

My Bubble Master 250 skimmer uses metric for the pipes and I have half assed imperial sized pipe with rubberbands as washers, etc.

too bad that peg hole is broken, it's as if they had it assembled then it was taken down haphazardly. Why wouldn't someone look in the stand before packing it? sucks to hear...

As to the plumbing, it's correctable but it's also certainly part of the price paid so all in all I hope they offer some sort of resolution.

It looks REALLY nice Dan! Congrats. You'll have it running in no time.

Thanks man! They have shipped out a bunch of replacement parts. In a holding pattern right now. I started working inside the stand today caulking and mounting hardware.

Ordered some maxijet 1200s for mixing salt and pumping water in and out of my containers and finally got some float valves for the RO/DI unit. Man that budget goes quick!

I also mounted and hung the radions today! :eek:

HkdIuSm.jpg

Well we finally got around to breaking some rocks and drilling and emaco'ing! Fun times and quite the mess. Here is what @Kmooresf and I came up with. It went around my original design but of course used much less rock. Here we have it!

Big thanks to Kris for letting me have some emaco, acryl 60 and fiberglass rods. He brought everything over and I supplied the music and "safety glasses". Drinks on me next time eh?

Also, don't mind the crookedness of the radions, the power cables are pulling on them ;)

EKZaE2T.jpg

PemnuPg.jpg

New plumbing arrived today! Got everything hooked up and triple checked. Put 80 pound of sand in and my already made 70 gallons of water. The rest of the water has been dripping in throughout the day from my RO/DI unit. Almost done now at 8pm. 78 deg and 1.026 on the dot.

I do have a size issue with my heater at the moment. It is too large for the sump for the time being its in the back corner of the DT. I will get 2 smaller heaters soon along with my ATO.

Don't mind the maxijets in there, not permanent, just moving water around till I got the return pump humming.

Let the cloudiness and cycle begin!

sfPp6Zo.jpg

LUx2YG8.jpg

Back