Our mission

New Camera.....

Just wait until you get a nice macro lens, you'll find that you can take way more amazing shots. :)

Also, Lightroom is probably all you'll need. Just keep in mind that Adobe is on a subscription based model so you may want to look into older versions of LR if you don't want to pay for the monthly subscription.

Just wait until you get a nice macro lens, you'll find that you can take way more amazing shots. :)

Also, Lightroom is probably all you'll need. Just keep in mind that Adobe is on a subscription based model so you may want to look into older versions of LR if you don't want to pay for the monthly subscription.

I just ordered a really nice macro lens. I'll post more when I get it. SO excited.

LR is not subscription based, you buy the program and updates are free. Can't say the same for photoshop...

So we had some professional photo's taken over the weekend. Without even asking the guy was going on and on about how much he loves Lightroom 5. He was showing me some of the things it can do and WOW!! I will be getting it for sure. Thanks yet again for the great advice.

Oh I suppose. ;)

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens
It's kind of amazing, and the actual reason I decided to buy the camera. It can be used for video as well due to an amazing built in auto focus. Supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Ok, so......Amazon Prime is pretty much a joke these days. My last several orders have been late, including the new macro lens. :( The tri-pod did get here though. I took some more fish pics yesterday and was playing with the settings. So far I get the best with the simple sports setting on the dial. My manual settings need some help, but I'm reading, watching videos, etc. So I will eventually catch up.

I ordered lightroom 5.3 last night.........It's fun!! I played with the new fish pics and figured I would show you the before and after shots. This was after approx 10 min of orienting myself to lightroom........I am sure I will learn a million more tricks and get much better, but for now..........

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Nice pics. Are you manually focusing?

Starry is my fav.

Yes, the Blenny and the Angel pics are my favorites as well. I am most definately NOT manually focusing. LOL! These fish are way too fast. I need to adjust the depth of field a bit. Many of the shots have a beautifully focused tail, or fin, but not the entire fish. Might be my lense too. I am still super impressed with this camera. I can't wait to get the macro going.

That's pretty good auto focus. To shoot fish with manual focus I think your only option is to focus on a spot and wait for fish to swim by. It helps to have the theme from 'Wild Kingdom' playing. :)

One of the distinctions of a great photo is tack sharp focus. Especially the eyes. Tail not so much. ;)

I've seen some amazing photos made using several flash units. The really intense fast light gives more depth of field and freezes motion.

Keep taking pics. You have a great eye for composition.

Thanks John. It will be fun learning how to get that beautiful, sharp image. I'm gonna have to figure out a way to get good top down shots. This camera is pretty big, and I'm not too stoked on the idea of holding it over water. ;) I might have to build a photo box of some kind. Would be nice if it floated. I wonder if I could even put a light ring on it? Would help with shadows. Will be fun figuring it out. ;)

+1 on trying some flash pictures.
It completely changes the look, compared with normal reef lights.
(Sometimes good sometimes bad of course)

Ok, so I got the Macro lens today and the verdict is in. It's SHAMAZING!!

Right out of the box.........here are the shots I got. Again, set to "auto" on the camera. I am sure I will do better with some manual settings, or even the Macro setting on the camera. Didn't think of it until after. LOL! Anyhoo.........

Yellow / brown acro

Undata (Jedi Mind Trick ish)

Setosa

Blue Tenuis

Mikes (coralreefer) red tableing acro..........super PINK and green so far.

Mummy eye chalice

Rainbow Millie from Bob (tankguy)

Durassa clam

Tri color acro

Just...wow!
YHD0Nll.gif

Back