got ethical husbandry?

Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

Looks awesome!! So glad the plumbing worked out the second time around. Can't wait to see it all cleared up.

Me too! It sure is taking a while ;)

After spending 12 or so hours now with the return pump on, I ordered a new eheim. This thing is outrageously loud. It is some off brand pond pump so I went with something quieter and with a better track record.

I will however keep it for an emergency return if anything ever happens!

Don't post that on RC! I said I had an Eheim 1262 and got dissed because I had an 'antiquated' pump!

If they had a bit more of a track record I'd be tempted by one of the DC pumps. Uses less power, controllable and my favorite feature, soft start. The 1262 really spits some water when it starts up!

Old man pumps!

I got one of the DC pumps, Speedwave I think, it's currently on my temporary tank and it's great because I have it turned down to 2 of 6 power bars, when I upgrade tanks the pump can (and will) follow and I can just crank it up as necessary. I'll have enough in tank water moment though so that if the return pump fails it's not ultra critical.

Quick update, tank is cycling nicely. Started running filter socks to help polish the water. Added and elos ATO (borrowed to see if I like it) and also added a WP40.

HJzWdYz.jpg

I also got the heater situation fixed with 2 Eheim Jager 150w that fit in the sump. Also, the new Eheim Compact 792 GPH is in and its crazy quite.

lI5Y8S3.jpg

Last edited:
The tank's looking great, Dan. Any particular reason to keeping those plastic parts on the heaters? Are they just there to help keep the heaters away from each other?

The tank's looking great, Dan. Any particular reason to keeping those plastic parts on the heaters? Are they just there to help keep the heaters away from each other?

Keeping them separated in case the suction cups come loose and keep them from clanking each other. I like the idea of keeping them nice and spaced so it reduces the chances of an accidental breakage.

Nice use of the heater packing materials!

I do have one concern with heaters stacked vertically. Will the top heater 'see' the water as warmer because the lower heater's warming travels up?

When these heaters were Ebo not Eheim, the suction cups were really strong. Almost too strong. I had a hard time getting them to release. They have been changed and now are not nearly 'suckie' enough. I consider them more like rubber feet than suction cups!

Setup is looking fantastic, btw.

They are too tall for the water level in the chamber they are in to stand vertically. As far as heating and the heated water rising that I do not know. That could be a possibility but the water is staying where I want it.

I will also be moving over my controller which will eliminate that issue :)

I have a love/hate relationship w/ those heaters! Love the reliability but wow are they LONG! Other than separating the heating element from the thermostat, I have no idea why they are so long.

Back