got ethical husbandry?

Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

Some new items showed up today. Got my BRS dual reactor for my GFO and Carbon. Got that all setup and decided to use a maxijet I had laying around which is kinda loud but not loud enough to hear with the cabinet closed so it will do for now. Also got a Vertex filter sock holder (not installed yet in the photos) and my Tiger Shark Float for the glass. Well worth the money. That thing is a beast.

I also got my sump camera going for when I am away from home. I will be adding more and at better angles. This is just a temporary setup.

http://tr1ggers-tank.com/sump-camera/

VynCpWy.jpg

kKrnsJJ.jpg

Still a lot of organization to happen so I dont freak out. In time :)

Man talk about cramming 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound sack. What's next for in the stand? RO/DI unit? Little sink to wash your hand? :D

I like that carbon dohicky, what keeps the carbon from getting blown out? Is there some sort of filter blocking the outlet?

I like that carbon dohicky, what keeps the carbon from getting blown out? Is there some sort of filter blocking the outlet?

Each canister comes with a cartridge that has filter sponges to hold media in place like the carbon or just screens to allow tumbling like for the GFO. I wanted to run them separately so I can get the most life out of each media.

Looking good, Dan. Looks really organized compared to my sump! And SOOOOOO clean!!

I started my gfo/carbon reactor with an old MaxiJet. Didn't take too long before I put a new Cobalt on it! Got tired of the noise. :)

Hard to see from the pic but seems like you don't have the screen on the maxijet. I also added the sponge prefilter. Saves having as much crud pushed into the reactor media.

Hard to see from the pic but seems like you don't have the screen on the maxijet.

You are correct, it was not on. I did put it on later though. I kept knocking it off when I was adjusting the pump trying to reduce the noise.

Also, my Nitrites finally hit 0.0 and I moved over my first corals today! Just a few colonies of my Hawaiians and 1 frag of utter chaos. Those Radions are off the chain!

q9w4h1l.jpg

UK5ouLJ.jpg

jjfPZYX.jpg

You are correct, it was not on. I did put it on later though. I kept knocking it off when I was adjusting the pump trying to reduce the noise.

Also, my Nitrites finally hit 0.0 and I moved over my first corals today! Just a few colonies of my Hawaiians and 1 frag of utter chaos. Those Radions are off the chain!

Looks great. It's always so nice when the box gets life!

Those pieces came from the 5.5? It must look kinda empty now! :D

Witchcraft!
Ha!
good to know this stuff works.
It was good starter bacteria and had ammonia levels the same day I put it in. Nitrates and Nitrites the next day and for exactly 2 weeks. Nitrites dropped quickly over the past 48 hours and have now zeroed out. I wouldn't do what the directions say about putting it in and being fish safe. That just seems like asking for trouble but starter culture I liked it a lot more than decaying food or a piece of shrimp.

Lemme know if you want help running the reactor off your return. Super easy and like $10 of parts.

I really like that idea. The pump I have is turned down more than half way so I def. could power a few more things from it and save some energy.

Please tell you neither paid for biospira nor used it!!
You could have just peed in the tank to start the nitrogen cycle!

Weekly 30% water changes will cure what ales ya

Please tell you neither paid for biospira nor used it!!
You could have just peed in the tank to start the nitrogen cycle!

Weekly 30% water changes will cure what ales ya

Ah yes, the ole piss in the tank method :p

Yes I purchased and used it. Yes I liked the product results. And yes, 30% water changes weekly would cure what ales me. Full supporter of the water change "pollution dilution" theory, when the time is here.

Picked up a Leopard Wrasse yesterday from a friend taking down his tank. Has been housed there for a few years and is a pig. Got him home and he buried for about 18 hours. Once the lights came on today he was out and about and took food. Stoked!

Not the best photo, but you get the point ;)

4PuLtEC.jpg

Back