Kessil

Diver's Paradise: Take Two!

Or you could get a controller to make life easier and just make changes from your mobile device. ;)
Ha! That requires having my phone near my tank when I'm working on the tank. I prefer to keep my phone far away from the salt water and my wet hands. Powerstrip switches are way easier and cheaper! With my Amazon points, I only paid a dollar something for that powerstrip :)

I love every single thing in your tank! I especially enjoyed your new leopard wrasse video - that music from Thrones is the best! (are you also addicted to that show?!) Thanks for sharing!!
Thank you so much, Geneva! I'm really liking how the tank is coming along since I re-did it. Luckily the leopard wrasse is still doing great. She eats frozen mysis like a pig! And yes, I am very hooked on Game of Thrones! I read the books years ago and of course had to get into the show.

I ordered some rock flower anemones last week that arrived today. Here are the vendors photos that I saw when I bought them:

DSC_0034__80440139708537812801280-1.jpg

DSC_0102__48156139709314012801280-1.jpg

DSC_0129__46436139709358512801280-1.jpg

Here they are right after arriving. They're just under my regular room lighting and I have them laid out on the styrofoam to get them to expel their shipping water before adding them to the tank.

photo12-2.jpg

Lily was keeping a close eye on them to make sure they didn't get up to any mischief
laugh.png

photo13-2.jpg

I'll post photos of them in the tank later once their all settled and open.

I have not. I peruse a lot of coral sites ;)
Ah! Well I recommend them based on this one order. A bunch of people on Nano-Reef have been ordering rock flower nems from VIP, so I decided I'd get some since they seem to have the nicest colored ones available. They arrived healthy and they're true to the photos. Also, they're very good sized!

Check out my new tiny leopard wrasse eating mysis. I even bought extra small mysis for her, but they're still a bit big for her mouth. I've offered her copepods and daphnia, and while she'll eat a few of those, she goes bonkers for mysis. She just sucks them in and spits them out a few times until she gets them broken down to a manageable size. Ha!

Lily is seriously too cute! I have never seen rock flower nem's before - wow! Are your clams sitting directly on the sand? Do they naturally stand up towards the light or do they ever tilt over? (I had a clam that lasted only 2 months so was just wondering....)

Lily is seriously too cute! I have never seen rock flower nem's before - wow! Are your clams sitting directly on the sand? Do they naturally stand up towards the light or do they ever tilt over? (I had a clam that lasted only 2 months so was just wondering....)
Lily is hilarious with her need to inspect all packages that arrive. She's a funny little thing :) Unfortunately, really nice colorful rock flower anemones like that aren't cheap, but they're very cool and hardy. I paid $200 including shipping for that set of 3 rock flower anemones.

Yeah, all 3 clams are sitting on the sand. Everytime I put them on the rocks, they jump off so I gave up. The derasa attached its foot down through the sand to the bottom glass of the tank within hours of me moving it into the tank. The other two, I buried frag discs under so that they could attach to those if they wanted. Neither has attached their foot, but they seem to be doing well. I know like nothing about clams, but so far so good. I've had my maxima for like 8 months now and the squamosa for about 6 months. The derasa is the newest one that I got less than 2 months ago. The maxima and squamosa do tilt over sometimes but I typically pick them back up when they do that. I think they kind of fall over when they open and close because they're feet aren't attached. The derasa is firmly attached though and never falls over. It seems super happy in its spot.

Love the fish! The leopard wrasse is one of my all time favorites.
Thanks! That leopard wrasse was definitely an impulse buy, but now I am so attached to that fish. I'd never seen one in person so I didn't realize how awesome they are. If you're looking for a healthy one that eats frozen, mine came from Baja Reef and they had like 10 in stock when I got mine last weekend. Only $20 :)

Seeing and reading about your clams has inspired me to try one more time so purchased one of them from Aquatic Collections - will update my journal with a picture! Thanks!

Seeing and reading about your clams has inspired me to try one more time so purchased one of them from Aquatic Collections - will update my journal with a picture! Thanks!
What kind did you get? 2 of my 3 clams came from Aquatic Collection, so good choice getting one from them. They definitely sell some nice healthy ones. I'll have to go check out your journal. Good luck with the new clam!

Back