Neptune Aquatics

Geneva's 120

I'm 99% sure its a maxima from your photo. My maxima from Aquatic Collection was up on the rocks originally for several months and then now that I've changed the tank set-up, it seems to prefer being on the sand. It kept jumping off of the rocks and has found a place where it seems super happy on the sand. I just kind of let them do their thing. :)

I'm 99% sure its a maxima from your photo. My maxima from Aquatic Collection was up on the rocks originally for several months and then now that I've changed the tank set-up, it seems to prefer being on the sand. It kept jumping off of the rocks and has found a place where it seems super happy on the sand. I just kind of let them do their thing. :)

Jumping clams?? - amazing! Thanks, I hope he does well too....

Haven't posted pictures in awhile so here goes! They are only from my Galaxy phone but you get the idea! Pictures from 3-sides (peninsula).

I wanted to take a moment and thank the members who have given me frags on DBTC and the swaps! You know who you are - thanks! 2014-11-10 12.58.39.jpg 2014-11-10 12.58.50.jpg 2014-11-10 12.59.05.jpg 2014-11-10 12.59.15.jpg 2014-11-10 12.59.29.jpg 2014-11-10 12.59.46.jpg 2014-11-10 12.59.59.jpg

i reaaally like how you incorporated tonga into your setup. I'm always a big fan of tonga branching rocks, but they don't seem to get put in a lot of displays, and if they are, they aren't done very well. Large boulder-like rocks seem to dominate a lot of setups. My next setup will be a peninsula ~100-120 with tonga integration, just like your's.

i reaaally like how you incorporated tonga into your setup. I'm always a big fan of tonga branching rocks, but they don't seem to get put in a lot of displays, and if they are, they aren't done very well. Large boulder-like rocks seem to dominate a lot of setups. My next setup will be a peninsula ~100-120 with tonga integration, just like your's.
Thanks, Alfred - I'm going to try to take better pictures with a real camera so you can actually see how great your DBTC monti's are doing in my tank!

G
Thank looks lovely!
Things that I see to keep in mind:
The maroon clown may beat on the other clowns
The tangs will need to be relocated when they get too big for that space
Good luck
Feed the fish...change some water
Love it, grow it!

Looking great!
I like how you have tunnels to see through, and really take advantage
of a peninsula type tank.

Hope that GSP does not take over and cause problems.

G
Thank looks lovely!
Things that I see to keep in mind:
The maroon clown may beat on the other clowns
The tangs will need to be relocated when they get too big for that space
Good luck
Feed the fish...change some water
Love it, grow it!
Thanks, Erin! You are so right - my maroonie is a bit of a bully but now tends to keep close to his anemone while the other 3 are content in their corner of the tank....I never could have imagined when I first started that I would have my tangs this long! I love tangs and just recently lost my powdered blue to injury so have 3 left.....would love it if they continue to do well enough to outgrow my tank.

Looking great!
I like how you have tunnels to see through, and really take advantage
of a peninsula type tank.

Hope that GSP does not take over and cause problems.
Thanks, Mark! Yes, I do have to keep an eye on the GSP and scrape it off if it tries to extend past its designated rock!!

3/22/15 Update: Exciting news! Anh (@Anhit) came over and took some amazing pictures of my tank and corals!

Here's a link to all the photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4dns4lela1l8pl4/AAAaS9dgAI0TK2IA9upTRlz6a?dl=0

(Can someone please let me know if the link above works?! Thanks!)

I'm going to download individual photos and label them as I like to keep track of where each coral came from (LFS, DBC, Frag Swap, gift, etc.) but here are 3 full tank shots of my peninsula tank. THANKS, ANH!!

Geneva'sReefTank-59 (Small) (Medium).jpg
Geneva'sReefTank-60 (Medium).jpg
Geneva'sReefTank-61 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Back