High Tide Aquatics

Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

For sure. Wouldn't have bought him from a store or online vendor. Notoriously hard to keep and get eating.
Yeah, its definitely too risky that way. I thought about one when I was picking out wrasses for my tank, but decided they're just too risky unless you find one already eating from an established tank. I went with flasher wrasses instead.

So on the way home from reef raft the other day we stopped at Aquatic Collection and I was able to pickup some of my favorite fish! OK, all fish are my favorite but these we planned into this build :

1 Male and 2 Female Lyretail Anthias! I am really bad at photographing fish and getting all 3 in one shot was a PITA.

sOOf6Te.jpg

Btw, I copied you and impulse bought a leopard wrasse :) Mines a tiny female though. She was eating frozen and looked super healthy, so I couldn't resist. She's been in my tank for 4 days now and she's doing great and eating frozen mysis like a champ. How is yours doing?

He is really good. He is hit or miss if he will be out for the day. I have my hands in the tank every day moving corals and cleaning so sometimes he is out and sometimes he is a gone for a day or two. Two days hiding for sure after a water change. Very very very very VERY timid.

He will get better with time. Glad to hear yours is doing well :)

He is really good. He is hit or miss if he will be out for the day. I have my hands in the tank every day moving corals and cleaning so sometimes he is out and sometimes he is a gone for a day or two. Two days hiding for sure after a water change. Very very very very VERY timid.

He will get better with time. Glad to hear yours is doing well :)
Glad he's doing good. I'm sure he'll warm up over time. Honestly, that's exactly how I expected mine to behave but she is the bravest little fish ever. I acclimated her and added her to the tank and she never went into hiding. Every other fish I've ever gotten hides immediately until it gets used to the new tank. Nope, she just hovered about front and center for the rest of the day until lights out. When the lights are out, she's down in the sand, but as soon as the lights come on, she's out front and center the whole time. I can even stick my hands in near her and she doesn't go hide. Crazy little fish! Hopefully yours will get like that.

One of my anthias (and not the one I thought would) has literally changed from female to male overnight! So awesome to see the changes happening. I have read the transition can happen as quick as 4-7 days and I am really looking forward to his coloring.

I know @Kmooresf has 2 of his 4 or 5 that constantly flop back and forth, I really hope this one turns fully and remains that way.

Oh, bummer. Is the male still a male? They are gonna pick at each other a bit. So confusing. LOL!
So to me it looked like 2 were turning male at the same time or were in process of growing out their dorsal fin around the same time. 1 was beating the other 2 up all day yesterday and today he is dark and dark fins. Now he is just swimming around like he owns the tank and chasing randomly. Looks like he is the one and he is the largest of the 3.

Looking pretty awesome regardless of what you're holding onto Dan. Rockwork seems to flow organically around the tank. Only the one pump in the tank?

Thanks! Just the 1 wp40 on the lowest setting as to not soak my floors. It would be nice to change the pump out to something a bit smaller like the wp25 and to have two of them because I am starting to see a few dead spots. We will see what happens.

Leopard wrasse from AC as well? I've been dying to get one but haven't seen any available. Might resort to Live Aquaria

Back