Cali Kid Corals

Leemar Starphire 290

Kris, I didn't ask you this the other day, but what made you choose Leemar over other tank vendors?

curious for a possible future upgrade if i ever do.

Kris, I didn't ask you this the other day, but what made you choose Leemar over other tank vendors?

curious for a possible future upgrade if i ever do.

That one is easy Alfred.........PRICE!!!

I looked at ALL the major glass tank makers..........there was a cheaper option, complete with horror stories of breaking tanks. I looked at acrylic as well, but they weren't any cheaper at this size. Don't get me wrong, LeeMar is not cheap, however they are affordable compared to most others when you add shipping and crating, etc. It is also difficult to spend all that money on a tank you have never seen. I can only read reviews about the tank makers, but had never seen any of their work in person. I was able to see Neptunes display with LeeMar, and that was reassuring to me. Robert orders from them often, and is a good source if you want to buy, or get a quote from LeeMar. They also give a 5 year warranty. That helps. ;)

That one is easy Alfred.........PRICE!!!

I looked at ALL the major glass tank makers..........there was a cheaper option, complete with horror stories of breaking tanks. I looked at acrylic as well, but they weren't any cheaper at this size. Don't get me wrong, LeeMar is not cheap, however they are affordable compared to most others when you add shipping and crating, etc. It is also difficult to spend all that money on a tank you have never seen. I can only read reviews about the tank makers, but had never seen any of their work in person. I was able to see Neptunes display with LeeMar, and that was reassuring to me. Robert orders from them often, and is a good source if you want to buy, or get a quote from LeeMar. They also give a 5 year warranty. That helps. ;)

Oh snap. thank you. that warranty is a deal breaker for me. your tank looked spectacular. i'll peruse their offerings

Took out my giant frogspawn colony. It was stinging a couple of my Acro's and I decided it was time to trim. It broke off in three large pieces.

Before...........Think basketball.

The first piece was not quite half........

After removing the first half....

Three large sections in the frag tank.

I put back a couple small pieces........about 10 heads or so. Gave me room to add a couple new acro's.

you should have given that bouquet of frogspawn to your significant other bahahaha! seriously crazy growth! how are the acros coming along??

Hey Lawrence, it was very bouquet like.

The corals we got from that frag pack are all doing great. The pearl berry is my favorite, but they were all a good buy. Hopefully they did well for you too. I'll try to get some pics, but they are all still small.

Finally took some time to make a new video of the tank. Things are really going crazy right now. I am SO excited to see such growth and change. Also, you will notice the beautiful Desjardin Sailfin Tang that was generously donated to me by Jon (JAR). It is quite the ham, so made it on a lot of the video. ;) Took some Macro shots with the new camera / lens...........don't be scared of the crazy monster. It's a close up of my tuxedo Urchin that was on the glass one day, so I took some video...........now you know why you DON'T want an urchin in an acrylic tank. ;) Enjoy.

So awesome!! I would love to see it in person!
Thanks Devon, I'm sure that can be arranged.

Beautiful, Kris.

Is that the Massive Maroon Clown (MMC) that bites? Thought she had been sent to the sump.
Thanks John. Yes, that is my 13 year old maroon clown.......yes she bites. My other clown fish ended up in the sump because she would kill it in this tank. I did move her old anemone down there too......now she lives in the RBTA.

On the right side, in the dark area under the orange cap it looks like something is flapping in the cave? or is that just a funky reflection?
I'm not sure, I watched it again and didn't notice it......I'm guessing its just some light dancing back there.

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!
Standing on chair , clapping
Thanks Erin........did you notice your plate coral? Finally found a spot it likes. ;)

Stunning! I just loved watching that whole video. The macro shots were amazing! Everything looks so happy and colorful. Keep up the great work, Kris! :)

So I have been asked a few times to make a video about the equipment on the tank. So I did a video tonight on the fly. I'm already laughing at some of my rambling, as it is not 100% accurate. I think you get the idea though. So if your interested, check it out. Thanks.

Back