Cali Kid Corals

Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

Thanks! Just the 1 wp40 on the lowest setting as to not soak my floors. It would be nice to change the pump out to something a bit smaller like the wp25 and to have two of them because I am starting to see a few dead spots. We will see what happens.
Yeah I can see that. I have 1 WP25 on my 32" long 80g tank, it's barebottom but I can definitely see the deadspots where the detritus builds up, the one on the anemone tank seems fine though, of course I don't feed that tank much of anything and there are no fish to poop. I have 2- Wp60s planned for the bigg'un, and I'm thinking of a couple WP25s attached to eurobracing... if they can stay far enough under the water to not suck in air (which I'm not quite sure they can), but as large as the tank is I'm a tad worried about dead spots.

Leopard wrasse from AC as well? I've been dying to get one but haven't seen any available. Might resort to Live Aquaria
I got mine from Baja Reef in Union City. They had like 10 in stock when I was in there a few weeks back. I've had mine for several weeks now and she is super healthy and eats frozen mysis no problem. The owner of Baja is really good about showing that the fish are eating frozen in the store. Mine was $20. Way cheaper than Live Aquaria when you figure in shipping.

Looking great, Dan!

I agree that its probably better to do two smaller powerheads to help with dead spots. I had just my one MP10 on my 3" long 30 gallon and it was enough flow, but there were dead spots in some areas since all the flow came from one source. I added a WP10 as a supplement and turned down the MP10 and its much better now. Having two powerheads I can aim eliminates the dead spots.

Btw, are you going to the NVR swap? I'm debating if its worth the long drive out there.

Thanks! Just the 1 wp40 on the lowest setting as to not soak my floors. It would be nice to change the pump out to something a bit smaller like the wp25 and to have two of them because I am starting to see a few dead spots. We will see what happens.
Dang, that much flow, eh?

So today taking a few top down shots I noticed something, my Jawbreaker got its very first glimpse of green! This is a really cool transition and I was starting to wonder when the green would show up. Only more coloring from here on out!

nzDmv3q.jpg

Just read through this amazing build! I love display quality sumps and cabinets. You've done it nicely with the rock work as well..it looks very natural.

I'll be following along this one every day!

Is the skimmer too loud or something? I'm looking to pickup the same 100 gallon package. Any advice?

Yes, save your money and buy something else. CADlights is pretty awful. I have had nothing but problems with this setup from day 1 including damage during shipping, missing parts, bad customer service, metric plumbing, metric bulkheads, poor product descriptions, misleading website information and instructions. If I could do it all over again, I would of purchased a custom made Leemar tank.

The skimmer is just poor quality. While its only been running about 3 months, it still overflows every 5-7 days for no apparent reason.

Last edited:
Ouch! Here is or maybe was the plan. Having an aluminum stand built, getting adapters for the metric plumbing, using the sump, tank and skimmer but most likely upgrading the skimmer at some point. Do you like the sump and tank quality? Sounds like the skimmer upgrade will come quick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, save your money and buy something else. CADlights is pretty awful. I have had nothing but problems with this setup from day 1 including damage during shipping, missing parts, bad customer service, metric plumbing, metric bulkheads, poor product descriptions, misleading website information and instructions. If I could do it all over again, I would of purchased a custom made Leemar tank.

The skimmer is just poor quality. While its only been running about 3 months, it still overflows every 5-7 days for no apparent reason.
Ever check out the DSA tanks?

Is the skimmer too loud or something? I'm looking to pickup the same 100 gallon package. Any advice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You might want to consider looking at SCA aquariums. They have very similar plug-in-play systems to the CADlights one and they seem to get very good reviews.

Back