got ethical husbandry?

TGunn's First 37g in the Bay Area

With the equipment you have, you can now support a larger tank!!! :)
I have plenty of equipment for a large tank. Hehe. Still need to figure that out. I figure I'll design it all in solidworks first for a change.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Alright two wp10s are on the way and I've got an rma for the one I have. So by Monday I should be all wp10ed up.

We're going to Monterey over the weekend so I'll order my life rock when we're back.

The two wp10s are in the tank and working great. I have one on random mode lower down and the other a bit higher up on wave mode. The controllers work great and I can adjust speed and lock the settings too.
I just ordered 30lb of kp aquatics Live rock so that should arrive in a few days.

I really need to order the acrylic to build the housing for my lights.

Getting there!

Apparently kp doesn't ship as often as I thought. Still haven't gotten confirmation that my rock has shipped. Maybe tomorrow?

The normally ship every Monday and Tuesday. Did you request a specific shipping day? I always have so that I can have the order arrive on the most convenient day for me. They've always shipped my orders on the day I requested. I'm wondering if they were at Reef-a-Palooza in Orlando over the weekend and got a bit behind. You could always shoot them an email if you're wondering about your shipment. They're normally pretty quick to respond.

The normally ship every Monday and Tuesday. Did you request a specific shipping day? I always have so that I can have the order arrive on the most convenient day for me. They've always shipped my orders on the day I requested. I'm wondering if they were at Reef-a-Palooza in Orlando over the weekend and got a bit behind. You could always shoot them an email if you're wondering about your shipment. They're normally pretty quick to respond.
Hey Felicia just as I saw this they emailed to say my rock has shipped. Yay rock in a couple days!

Hey Felicia just as I saw this they emailed to say my rock has shipped. Yay rock in a couple days!

Awesome! Let me know what you think. I'm still loving mine so much. I have so many different shades of purple on my rock and some nice sponges and such. Also, my cycle was so fast and the tank has been incredibly stable. I think their rock has an awesome bacteria population.

Awesome! Let me know what you think. I'm still loving mine so much. I have so many different shades of purple on my rock and some nice sponges and such. Also, my cycle was so fast and the tank has been incredibly stable. I think their rock has an awesome bacteria population.

I'm really looking forward to it. I am used to rock being gray and almost completely devoid of life.

I've already done a fish less bacteria cycle with my "live sand" so this rock should have a kick start as the inevitable die off occurs from transport.

Alright, the KP Aquatics rock arrived today! Thankfully so did the shoulder length gloves I ordered on Amazon prime. So I had no problem placing all the rocks without getting a wet arm! :)

First impression: Very happy with it.
Well packed; each rock was wrapped in wet newspaper (fun to remove, but no biggie), and each box had foam insulation inside and the rock was double bagged in heavy plastic bags.

Things are still a bit murky:
IMG_20140501_184900.jpg

IMG_20140501_184906.jpg

IMG_20140501_184915.jpg

IMG_20140501_184933.jpg

Rock looks really nice! I'm ordering soon and might have to look into this stuff. Decisions decisions :D

Sent using tapatalk4 from my GS III

Rock looks really nice! I'm ordering soon and might have to look into this stuff. Decisions decisions :D

Sent using tapatalk4 from my GS III

The pieces aren't quite super branchy or delicate like some types of live rock. But they're not overly huge so its all about how you put them together.

I still kinda miss the DIY liverock I was able to make for my old 34g Solana before moving.. You could have any shape you wanted.. :)
Web+Albums+App+Upload+-+2013-06-01+7%253A33%253A42+AM

So far so good. Zero ammonia, 0.5ppm nitrites and 25ppm nitrates. The diatoms have also started proliferating on the sand too. So clearly there was some die off from shipping but things are stabilizing now.

So far so good. Zero ammonia, 0.5ppm nitrites and 25ppm nitrates. The diatoms have also started proliferating on the sand too. So clearly there was some die off from shipping but things are stabilizing now.

On track, good deal!

I think I'm going to modify my tunze skimmer to pull the airline hose out of the skimmer so it isn't pulling in air from so close to the water surface. I find I need to squirt water in the air intake almost daily to clear salt buildup and ensure it is skimming at peak efficiency. But I am getting about a cup a day so doing good.

If you want, I have 4 or 5 large turbos that cleaned out my tank in a week of the same algae when I started, you are welcome to them ;)

If you want, I have 4 or 5 large turbos that cleaned out my tank in a week of the same algae when I started, you are welcome to them ;)

How'd I miss this one. :)
I'm out in Cupertino, so Pacifica might be a bit of a hike for me at the moment. I managed to get a couple herniated discs in my lumbar spine, so car trips > 15 min end up being a bit of a pain.. I'll keep your offer in mind for next time I'm in SF though -- I'd be willing to buy 'em off you.

Hey no problem. You are more than welcome to them whenever you want. :) hope your back gets better!

Sent from my LG Optimus G™ using Tapatalk

Back