Kessil

Reef Hobbyist 40B

You will probably be fine. Not a lot of pressure in the pipes anyways. But do a leak test and run everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Any idea how I can get these vinyl tubes to bend? They're super strong :(

Its Polyester braided reinforced PVC I guess...

the bendable PVC tubes don't bend easily, but they do bend. I've never bent them more than 90 deg over a short distance and pretty much let them fall/as they were. My setup accounts for that so I don't have to worry about crazy bends.

edit: i might be talking about the wrong pvc tubing. i got mines from flexpvc.com

Right now I've forced the curve tube right into the sock...

I know @Devon is going to hate me now ;) (cos I already got the system wet to test for any leaks)

Will post some photos of the plumbing soon (I kinda didn't do a great job at this)

Will post some photos of the plumbing soon (I kinda didn't do a great job at this)

You'll find out soon enough with a little more experience in the trade that pics are necessary, pretty much always. Man we love pics. It doesn't matter if were talking about Kalkwasser dosing or about how much poo our hermit craps are putting out.

We need pics. Pretty much always. ;)

Reactions: Nav
Yep pictures are always appreciated :)

I used that PVC tubing when I set up my sump recently and that stuff definitely does not like to bend. It was a fight getting it to do what I wanted, but its manageable if you just keep at it.

Ok, now coming to the placement of the entire setup. I've had my 29g in the living room and haven't had an issue with the Kessil (since it's on a low level table).

The 40B on this custom stand together is 4' 2" tall and I tested the Kessil on it and it's super spread (lights up a lot of ground outside the tank area) and it's also disturbing to watch television now (when I'm sitting on the sofa staring at the tv, I can see beneath the Kessil and it's really blinding).

I'm in an apartment and really don't have a lot of options on placement. Any advise on how to overcome this blinding effect?

It sounds like you're going to need something like a canopy over the tank.

A simple cheap option would be to pick up a sheet of black chloroplast (corrugated plastic cardboard) from home Depot and cut four pieces to make a shield that just sits on top of the tank.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nav
I actually wanted to go rimless and ended up with this. Adding a hood is going to make this even worse.

How are others with rimless tanks and Kessils dealing with this?

Innovative Marine, Cadlight, etc are around the same height...

Back