Our mission

D.B.T.C Orange Monti Cap

Devon

Facilities Coordinator
Two frags available. Can meet you at Aquatic Collection. PM me if your interested.

Last edited:
@Devon, hey it was awesome meeting you! You're super cool! And I learned a lot through our conversation too. Thanks for the fragging tips. :thumbup:

I got the frags glued down. Man I hate the CoralFix or whatever that glue is called. It's the worst ever. I even had it in the fridge all day and still it was super runny. Caused more of a mess than anything else.

I'm taking it back to exchange it for the thicker EcoTech stuff.

Good to meet you too Justin!

Enjoy the coral. Some glues just plain suck. Find one you like and stick with it.

Hope it wasn't to hard of a wake up for you this morning due to our meeting place. Lol

I will let you know when the Ricordea is ready.

Your tank is sharp! Keep up the good work.

See you soon bud.
-Devon

@Devon, hey it was awesome meeting you! You're super cool! And I learned a lot through our conversation too. Thanks for the fragging tips. :thumbup:

I got the frags glued down. Man I hate the CoralFix or whatever that glue is called. It's the worst ever. I even had it in the fridge all day and still it was super runny. Caused more of a mess than anything else.

I'm taking it back to exchange it for the thicker EcoTech stuff.
Hey Justin - if you can go to a BAR meeting, they sell IC-GEL (frag glue, 20 grams) for only $5 a tube! Good stuff!

Hey Justin - if you can go to a BAR meeting, they sell IC-GEL (frag glue, 20 grams) for only $5 a tube! Good stuff!

Thanks @Geneva Wong! Who sells it? Do they sell outside of the BAR meetings? I won't be able to make this meeting (Father's day events and graduation events) but will be at the following month meeting for sure.

I ended up buying the glue from CorAffix, but it's the gel. It wasn't cheap, and I was almost going to spring for the EcoTech stuff because I used a sample tube and it was great! I'd like to get my paws on the $5 stuff. Lmk!

Thanks @Geneva Wong! Who sells it? Do they sell outside of the BAR meetings? I won't be able to make this meeting (Father's day events and graduation events) but will be at the following month meeting for sure.

I ended up buying the glue from CorAffix, but it's the gel. It wasn't cheap, and I was almost going to spring for the EcoTech stuff because I used a sample tube and it was great! I'd like to get my paws on the $5 stuff. Lmk!
The tubes are typically sitting on a table at the front membership / check-in desk or on a table with BAR T-shirts also for sale. This is basically "super glue gel" so you may not like it either but I think a lot of LFS and members use it....I'm personally "challenged" in attaching frags (too much, too little, just right before it gets tacky enough to adhere) but the $5 price with extra nozzle is great! I have never used the EcoTech stuff so don't know if the extra price is worth it or not!

The first CorAffix I got was not the "Gel". I later bought the "Gel" (expensive!) and am happy with it.

Thanks for the tips!

The IC-Gel I got from the BAR event worked really well for me. I've also seen it at Keith's Coral Reefs (san jose) for $8.

Back