Our mission

Mouse's IM Nuvo Fusion 40g

I have 2 fighting conchs in my tank and they don't bother anything too much even though they are large. I originally got one and then I didn't see it for weeks, so I assumed it was dead and got a replacement. Turns out the original one was still alive and well. Occasionally, they'll move the corals I have sitting on the sandbed around a bit, but nothing too bad. They don't flip them over, just occasionally they burrow in the sand to go under then and shift them an inch or two to the side.

I want to say I saw one at Reef Raft the other day..they've had it for a bit if it's the one I'm thinking of. It's about 2" though..I wanted it but too big. :(
Both of mine are large and one is a beast (2" +), but they both seem to be doing just fine in my 30 gallon. So I wouldn't let size deter you too much. Since I have 2 and a new tank, I just give them some nori once a week to supplement what they get from the sand bed. Even with how big they are, they aren't too annoying with knocking things over. Much less annoying than hermits.

Both of mine are large and one is a beast (2" +), but they both seem to be doing just fine in my 30 gallon. So I wouldn't let size deter you too much. Since I have 2 and a new tank, I just give them some nori once a week to supplement what they get from the sand bed. Even with how big they are, they aren't too annoying with knocking things over. Much less annoying than hermits.

He really hasn't moved much or else he buries himself in the same place every day. I'm hoping he's okay.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was browsing through Anthony Calfo's Reef Invertebrates book, and decided I really don't like my rock scape. Wednesday I redid it similar to an example in the book.

FTS
5y6a4yje.jpg

The rock by itself on the front right will be for an anemone.
amu7yruv.jpg

Acans from Reefs2Go
aze2yqy7.jpg

Ricordeas and Yuma
u5asa5y6.jpg

Hammer from the New Hobbyist Workshop
e5a6epeq.jpg

Nice scape... I'm guessing the island rock for anemone is so it doesn't keep moving around stinging other corals?

Felecia suggested this idea in my other thread.

Did you try changing position for the cloves? It could be more/less lighting or flow?

Nice scape... I'm guessing the island rock for anemone is so it doesn't keep moving around stinging other corals?

Felecia suggested this idea in my other thread.

Did you try changing position for the cloves? It could be more/less lighting or flow?

Yep. I saw Felicia mention it on your thread, and thought it was an excellent idea. I might not have enough space between the rock and the glass or the rock and the other rocks, but we'll see.

I've tried moving the cloves, but really I don't think they shipped well. That, or they hate Revive. They haven't looked good since day 1. Reefs2Go offers a 14 day guarantee, so I'm giving it time to see if they recover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nav
I got the approval from my doctor to spend a little time walking around, so Saturday I headed up to Aquatic Collection.
I picked up two Black Ice Clownfish and a Blood Red Fire Shrimp (not pictured). The clowns are super active and hard to get pictures of. They're real beggers too.
I almost made an impulse buy on a Naoke wrasse, but decided to wait. I really would like to get a Carpenters.
hujusu7e.jpg
mybe8ema.jpg
y4ajugam.jpg

I noticed I passed the exit for Reef Raft Nor Cal on the way up, so I stopped by on the way back.

Tyree Raptors Favia
7usanesa.jpg

Acan (no name, but incredible! It's the one in the middle)
amu4abym.jpg

Clove Polyps
2uhu8ame.jpg

Torch
pa8agunu.jpg

That is one pretty Acan!

I went to AC for the first time last week, I was happy with their fish selection! They even had a sideways swimming Yellow Assessor, and a pair of Blue Assessors as well! I almost walked out of there with the yellow one.

What was ReefRaft special sale on the day you went?

That is one pretty Acan!

I went to AC for the first time last week, I was happy with their fish selection! They even had a sideways swimming Yellow Assessor, and a pair of Blue Assessors as well! I almost walked out of there with the yellow one.

What was ReefRaft special sale on the day you went?

Aquatic Collection is a bit of a drive for me (I'm in Santa Clara), but it's really close to where the meetings are hosted. I had to drive up there, the Black Ice Clowns were only $65 each! They're around $100 everywhere I've seen them locally, and even higher online.

Reef Raft had buy 3 corals, get one free, as well as some other deals I can't remember. The sales person explained it "if you buy 3 $100 corals, you can get 10 $10 or however you want to do it."

I actually go another coral, but I'm a little embarrassed to mention it. When I bought that tricolor ricordea from them a few weeks ago (yes, the $80 one)I tried to get the rock it was on off the plug. I couldn't get it, and damaged it in the process. It looked like it might recover, then my snails and hermits ate it. I bought a new one to replace it. It's staying on the plug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back