High Tide Aquatics

Anyone know where to get these clean up crew critters locally?

neuro

Webmaster
I'm looking for cerith (regular and dwarf) snails, blue & red hermits, and of course turbo snails.

Wondering if anyone has seen these lately. I don't see the dwarf cerith snails often.

I've seen ceriths & turbos at ReefRaft.

They have a lot of reef safe red hermits too (not the bright red leg ones)

thanks guys, i was at reef raft but i couldn't remember what kind of snails they had. havne't seen any at aquatic collection in a while.

too bad reef raft isn't open on mondays

I just bought a couple Red Legged hermits at ReefRaft a week ago..pickings was very very slim. It seems that the only hermits available are the brown legged ones. And all LFS have hundreds of them. :/

I've been hunting for Blue Legged, and Hawaiian Zebra as well, with no luck. You will be the first to know when I find something.

I just bought a couple Red Legged hermits at ReefRaft a week ago..pickings was very very slim. It seems that the only hermits available are the brown legged ones. And all LFS have hundreds of them. :/

I've been hunting for Blue Legged, and Hawaiian Zebra as well, with no luck. You will be the first to know when I find something.

thanks, definitely looking for blue legged. I think my last blue legged ones were from aqua exotic. I would prefer to get them all at once place if possible.

Neptune had blue and red leg hermits a few weeks ago. I also got nassarius from them. I'm sure they would have cerith as well...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

i'm actually thinking of ordering them online now. reefs2go has free-shipping on a few of their packs, and considering the discounted prices online (not to mention no-tax), it may be a no brainer.

Reactions: Nav
i'm actually thinking of ordering them online now. reefs2go has free-shipping on a few of their packs, and considering the discounted prices online (not to mention no-tax), it may be a no brainer.
Alfred, I've heard reefcleaners.org has better quality? It's free shipping on $50+ for priority mail...

I'm also planning to order soon for my upcoming 40B. If timing works out, we can order together and split ;)

Just a heads up that I've heard really awful things about Reefs2Go over on NR. Unfulfilled orders, DOAs that never get refunded or replaced, ongoing paypal and credit card disputes, and some very sketchy stuff with unsecure credit card information.

I'd definitely go with Reef Cleaners if I were you. If you buy one of their packs, then you get free shipping. They always send lots of extras too, which is nice.

I'll chime in here to, if you do order a "pack" make sure it has what you want in it, not that it matches the size of your tank. It boggles my mind sometimes how many snails and what not they throw into these packages, something like 100 snails for a 40 gallon tank? Nutso. JMNSHO :)

If you're ever in SF, Steve at Lucky Ocean usually has blue legs and turbos.

I haven't seen ceriths. Not what you're looking for, but he usually also has emerald crabs, nassarius, fighting conchs and your usually Astraea

I'll chime in here with a thumbs down for Reefcleaners. I got leaking bags, snails with no water, stinky yuckie bags. The packing looked like it was done by a disgruntled chimp.

I know Felicia has had good experiences with them so maybe I just got unlucky!

Alfred, I've heard reefcleaners.org has better quality? It's free shipping on $50+ for priority mail...

I'm also planning to order soon for my upcoming 40B. If timing works out, we can order together and split ;)

I'll chime in here with a thumbs down for Reefcleaners. I got leaking bags, snails with no water, stinky yuckie bags. The packing looked like it was done by a disgruntled chimp.

Wh0ah! Thanks guys. I had a bad experience with reefcleaners also, so I was hoping reefs2go would be a good substitute... Also because reefs2go has the turbo snails I wanted. I'm so glad I mentioned it, thanks @FeliciaLynn

Man I'm stuck now. @Navdeep I'll let you know, but I'm not sure I'm going to order anytime in the near future.

thanks guys, i was at reef raft but i couldn't remember what kind of snails they had. havne't seen any at aquatic collection in a while.

too bad reef raft isn't open on mondays
Collection usually has trochus, just ask, they usually pull them out of the coral flats I think.

It's kind of disappointing that there isn't a single place in the whole Bay Area (population 7,150,739) where you can get all these critters in one place.

I've had good experiences with reefcleaners, except for the fact that I ordered 12 dwarf ceriths and received 150 dwarf ceriths. However, he only sells FL local critters, so no turbos.

I was just facing the same predicament, and decided that I was just going to do a liveaquaria order as they were the only place where I could get everything I wanted in one spot.

Back