got ethical husbandry?

Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

Sweet man, glad to hear they are doing well :) Thanks for all the compliments about the new setup, its still very much a work in progress.

Weight wise... 120 gallons (100 display, 20 ish sump) x 8.5lbs is 850 + 160lbs of rocks and sand that is 1,060 lbs roughly. Not counting the stand weight and the weight of the glass. Its quiet heavy.

The floor is a poured concrete slab throughout all the floors. I actually pulled up the carpet in this room and inspected the floors to make sure it was sturdy and structurally sound. I was still nervous filling it all up :p Management doesn't know but my maintenance guy does. He stops by often to stare at the tank :)

You are welcome to stop by anytime and check it out ;)
Wow ya that's a lot of weight that's good to know theirs concrete slabs on the building. Maintenance guy sounds cool I'm sure if there was an issue they would have said something by now. Either way forget management lol. Let me know if you ever need help heavy lifting or what not bro.I'll definitely keep in touch or catch you on the stroll by the pier. Thank for the invite

Hi BaR,

First post. Glad to have found you guys!

After a long break of about 7 years from the hobby I've finally decided to get my feet wet again with a CAD Lights 50 Gallon Artisan II Long. I saw this thread on the front page and was hoping tr1igger could shed some light on the customer service he experienced with CAD? I see you had some issues and was curious how they handled it. I've already placed the order but I want to have a good experience, and could always cancel it.

Oh and your tank looks really nice btw! :)

Hi BaR,

First post. Glad to have found you guys!

After a long break of about 7 years from the hobby I've finally decided to get my feet wet again with a CAD Lights 50 Gallon Artisan II Long. I saw this thread on the front page and was hoping tr1igger could shed some light on the customer service he experienced with CAD? I see you had some issues and was curious how they handled it. I've already placed the order but I want to have a good experience, and could always cancel it.

Oh and your tank looks really nice btw! :)

Welcome to BAR!

I cant really say anything good about them. I had issues with almost everything concerning the tank and stand. Take a trip down to Reef Raft and see the tanks in person and make the call for yourself. Customer Service wise, I would say out of 10 it would be like a 5 or 6.

I have given the same information to several other people, telling them my same story and experience and they still buy the setup only to message me a few weeks later when they get it about how bad it is and how disappointed they are o_O

Welcome to BAR!

I cant really say anything good about them. I had issues with almost everything concerning the tank and stand. Take a trip down to Reef Raft and see the tanks in person and make the call for yourself. Customer Service wise, I would say out of 10 it would be like a 5 or 6.

I have given the same information to several other people, telling them my same story and experience and they still buy the setup only to message me a few weeks later when they get it about how bad it is and how disappointed they are o_O

Ugh, yeah was afraid you were going to say that. I really like the dimension of the 50 long, it would fit perfectly in the space I'm "allowed" to put it in (by my wife, lol). Maybe I will take the drive to Reef Raft, though its a bit far from me.

I appreciate the heads up, and if I do go that route I promise I wont say I wasn't warned. ;)

New jawbreaker babies :)

ave9uqy5.jpg

u7u6ymug.jpg

Sent from my LG Optimus G™ using Tapatalk

Took a weeks vacation to Chicago for my 30th so I left the tank with a sitter.

Lost 3 or 4 SPS pieces. Had a real bad alk swing.

3 - 25% water changes and I seem to be getting back on track. I really need to get my doser online :/

Also added a fighting conch and a baby solar wrasse.

Back