Jestersix

[Jun 14, 2014] June BAR Meeting (Hayward, CA)

Hi Felicia - the time listed up in the right hand corner is 1-3. Would potluck be from 1-2 and then fish food from 2-3 for those who may not be able to do both (if that is allowed)? Thanks!
Hi Geneva, I hadn't finalized the time yet. It may be more like noon to 3. Once I work out the details for sure I'll make sure to give a breakdown of when the potluck is and when the food making is so people can attend one or the other part if they'd like :)

Alright, we're on! The first post has been updated with all the details!

Geneva has been kind enough to donate 10 ice cube trays for people to use. They're super cute since they make cubes shaped like fish and ducks! She wanted me to let you all know that those would be available for anyone who doesn't have their own trays. If you want your own trays, you should be able to pick some up for a couple bucks at the grocery store, Target, Walmart, or a Dollar Store. BAR will be providing quart sized freezer bags to make flats of food and we'll also provide some gallon sized bags for transporting and storing your ice cube trays.

Since we're doing a potluck, I'll probably throw together a beany chili dish, I have 25 pounds of dried beans, and while they do store very well I would like to go through some of them :D

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: grrrr I just realized I booked an appointment on the same day, I haven't been to one of our events since last year, I hate missing out on this :(

Who's getting excited?! I think this is going to be a ton of fun! I'm hoping we get a great turnout!

Please remember to RSVP if you plan to attend, so we can get a head count for supplies! And please post what you plan to bring for the potluck!

Our sponsors are being super generous as always and have donated some high quality ingredients for our home made food! I picked up 10 big flats of frozen PE mysis and 3 cans of freeze-dried cyclopeeze from Neptune Aquatics yesterday! I'll be picking up some more PE mysis from Aquatic Collection and flats of frozen brine and blood worms from Diablo Corals later this week! A big thank you to all of our awesome sponsors!

I'm excited!
I will bring Chinese pork buns like I did for the Christmas potluck - hope folks liked them?! And some of those Dole fruit ice bars to chill with while we're waiting for our fish food to freeze up....

Back