Reef nutrition

[Jun 14, 2014] June BAR Meeting (Hayward, CA)

Here's a list of the ingredients I'll be bringing for making fish food:
1) PE Mysis
2) Silversides
3) Squid
4) Scallops
5) Cyclopeeze
6) Nori
7) Coral Frenzy
8) Vitachem
9) Garlic Xtreme

If you'd really like anything else, please let me know ASAP. Otherwise feel free to bring anything else you really want to add to your food.

BTW, which LFS are in the general area of Chabot? I know there's there's Aquatic Collection, but are there any more within maybe 15-20 minutes? Need to know where to go to find some fish... that doesn't get chopped up in the food we're making.

There really aren't any on that side, but just below the 92 on the other side you have Aqua Exotic. Call or check their website though as hours have changed.

Hmm, didn't know Aqua Exotic was still in business I know one around that part closed shop up, looking at their webpage seems it hasn't been updated since November of last year.

BTW, which LFS are in the general area of Chabot? I know there's there's Aquatic Collection, but are there any more within maybe 15-20 minutes? Need to know where to go to find some fish... that doesn't get chopped up in the food we're making.
Baja Reef is in Union City about 10 minutes away from Chabot. They generally have a huge fish selection. Of my current fish, 3 of my wrasses came from them and all are very healthy.

Oh and Reef Raft is about 20 min from Chabot in Fremont.

Hmm, didn't know Aqua Exotic was still in business I know one around that part closed shop up, looking at their webpage seems it hasn't been updated since November of last year.

Ugh, sorry... they update their Facebook page, but I guess the site is lacking in updates. I'll ask Matt, I'll see him within the hour, when I get to our house.

Baja Reef is in Union City about 10 minutes away from Chabot. They generally have a huge fish selection. Of my current fish, 3 of my wrasses came from them and all are very healthy.

Oh and Reef Raft is about 20 min from Chabot in Fremont.

I didn't recommend them as the owner has been busted for smuggling fish, and lying to Federal agents. Something that the reef community should frown upon as its acts like that which give the hobbies enemies big time fuel.

(I worked for Steve for many years at Cortez Marine - kinda a mentor of mine in terms of fish collection)

I didn't recommend them as the owner has been busted for smuggling fish, and lying to Federal agents. Something that the reef community should frown upon as its acts like that which give the hobbies enemies big time fuel.

(I worked for Steve for many years at Cortez Marine)
When did he get busted smuggling fish? Is there any record of this?

Ugh, sorry... they update their Facebook page, but I guess the site is lacking in updates. I'll ask Matt, I'll see him within the hour, when I get to our house.
No biggy, I don't really expect a store to keep a stock online, however the fact they did have updates listed in November made me think the store was out, but John corrected me it was the other store in the area that folded. I'll get the address and see if I can't hit that on the way back when I cross over the San Mateo bridge.

That said about Baja reefs, he got busted for smuggling but he was still allowed to work in the industry? Gotta love our justice system. "Hey I've only been arrested for child endangerment a few times, come on by to Mike's Daycare, where we give out free candy!"

Reef raft may be a bit too far, although depending upon traffic on the freeway at that time could be an easy on/off, I'll see what google can do with a multi-point LFS map :D

Back