got ethical husbandry?

Requality's ADA 7.5 Cube | Kessil A350w | Say Hi! I'm New

Just started this tank about last week, and I've been doing my research for about a while! Everyone here seems super friendly, so I'm excited to be part of this BAR family. C:

Kessil A350w is here!
Pko6Vxi.jpg

I've been reading about reef tanks on and off for about 6 months and I finally decided to bite the bullet and start one. I'm coming to reefs with a distinct background in plantedtanks so I'm used to the constant care that these tanks require.

This will be my last summer in San Jose before I move out and go to college so I'm hoping to start this tank and bring it with me (its only a 2 hour drive).

Potentially scape, I'm missing two small pieces of live rock which are still in the bags.
xmojyQV.jpg

Current Equipment (June 10th, 2014)
ADA 30C Cube 7.5 Gal
Hydor Koralia 70 Gal?
Aquaclear 70? - Floss, Purigen, Chemipure Elite
Coralife Digital Thermometer

6lb FHI Dry Rock
1lb Cured Live Rock
Aragonite Sand
Instant Ocean Salt

Thanks for welcomes everyone!

Welcome!! What are your plans for this?
As for stocking plans, I'm mostly going towards a zoa garden with maybe a few LPS and one birdsnest at the top. I love the different varieties of zoa/plays.

I haven't decided on the fish yet, I'm either thinking orange spotted goby/shrimp or just one clownfish. Any suggestions?

Hazzah! June 23rd, 2014 Update!

Plopped these two in a few days ago, and they're just the loveliest pair of Clownfish ever! They always swim together and wigggle everywhere. And they eat pellets!
J6wo24t.jpg

Got a nice little mini colony of this unknown zoa and its already grown 2 polyps! This is so exciting.
DHvRlz5.jpg

Lastly, my current pride&joy of the week. I believe these are Lunar Zoas and the bright orange glow on that one polyp is beautiful. I wonder when this thing will take off.
IbyjsbX.jpg

Got some more corals! Who excited? I am. C:

Got this beautiful yuma that literally glows yellow and green. This picture does it no justice at all.
FnsIirX.jpg

Also got this pretty yellow bubbly mushroom. Crossing my fingers it takes over one of my rocks aha.
0pdsVBK.jpg

I have 6 Kessil's and since you can tune the color to what you want the Zoe's should pop out nicely. If you haven't already start the wattage at a low level, like 30-40 watts and work up slowly. The Kessil led's are very powerful. A lot of people including myself have burned their corals. This is especially true for the type corals you are putting in. Good luck and go slow.

Back