Kessil

What did you do to your tank today?

Bump back up.

Today/tonight I did a 30gallon WC and a full battery of tests. Checked all my valves, cleaned my skimmer, 3 reactors, return pump, ATO pump and serviced my RO/DI unit.

Leaving the tank with a sitter for 7 days so triple checking everything.

I didn't do anything to the tank today, not even feed. It was kind of nice.

I did do something for the tank though, I ordered a white worm culture.

I didn't do anything to the tank today, not even feed. It was kind of nice.

I did do something for the tank though, I ordered a white worm culture.

White worm culture? Sounds like the name of a band! :)

Are these Grindle worms? Food for FW or SW tank?

I added a bunch of kalkwasser mix, still a bit flabbergasted at how much evaporation I'm getting from wide open tank tops :D Need to find a good quality ATO that can actually latch onto 3/4" acrylic (I don't think any of the magnet attachment ones do that), oh well maybe I'll stick with my double float switch design and just be done with it.

I'm doing water changes on two 10g. tanks, cleaning the acrylic on the DT so it looks good and making up a batch of SW. I was going to move two peppermint shrimp over to the DT but the SG is way off. I'll let the QT they are in evaporate some and check tomorrow.

After the US team wins their World Cup game today I'll clean the skimmer cup. Soon after that it'll be time for a beer! ;)

Tested water in 150 tank, mixed up a gal of each alkalinity and magnesium. Later I have to clean the filter on my 38 gal. and change the carbon.

Made up sone alk for the 60 and installed the doser shelf for that tank and got as far as setting the doser on the shelf. Just fed the lps in the grow out tank. Gonna test the 60 in a few and see if I can figure out what's going on with it. Then hopefully if I'm still mobile time to do some fragging tonight hopefully.

I'm in the middle of a very slow re-scaping of my entire tank. have to add the new rocks in slowly and move old rocks slowly to not stir up too much gunk. I will post pictures in a few weeks! On a side note, does anyone know how to get an urchin off of a rock? I need to get it off so that i can take his rock out and replace it!

Added another WP40 today and finally got my starry blenny.

qy6a9yru.jpg

Just got thru regretfully hacking up my mini colony (3") of Mr. Uglies red table to try to stop the RTN before it turn into STN. #KRAP.. I have 2 colonies that for no reason at all decided to start rtn'd on me a few weeks ago..

Next up is my Shaun Bennet yellow tort it's progressing slower than the red table but I think it's inevitable.. It really sucks but I hope these can be saved the table is an awesome piece electric green body and deep red coralites/polyps (like a thick red planet) I'm sure some if not a lot here have it though =) .. If these frags make it Def going to be spreading this one in a DBTC in a few weeks along with the tort if I hack it up..

Hoping this one frag at least stays with me =(..

@tr1gger starry blennies are characters I enjoy mine a lot.. The one I got from Gene is still going strong even after we had to cut it out of that rock lol..

Last edited:
What is RTN / STN?!
RTN =rapid tissue necrosis/STN = sudden tissue necrosis

It's pretty much referring to the speed that acropora/sps in general looses it's tissue from the skeleton.. Rapid is usually a slower bout to deal with and can take weeks, sudden can literally be overnight or over the course of a few hours.. It's one of those things that can happen to people due to a known cause like an alk spike or contaminant and can literally wipe a sps tank out overnight or be from something totally different that you can't control that just is what it is dealing with some sensitive species.

In my current case and in others I've read about its a little harder to nail down what it is and what is actually causing it because it is business as usual in the tank and it's only affecting one or two pieces.. At least that my take on this whole debacle =). I'm sure others can explain it better than I did in that ramble

Back