Reef nutrition

Vinyl Tint

Best thing to do I would think would be to get some car window tint from a parts store. It's not super removable persay but scrapes off pretty easy with a razor when you want to remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look for translucent colored vinyl because window tint has an aggressive adhesive, once dry you pretty much can only get it off with a razor blade & a solvent, I've re-tinted a few cars and removing tint is seriously not fun.

Interesting. I never had much problem removing old tint when I was doing it in Iowa. Every once in a while I would get a tough one. Wonder if the heat and sun here bakes it on.

As long as you keep the blade angled you can remove without scratches. We used to razor old vinyls off cars quite often with no scratches

Don't bother with window tint. Just go with colored vinyl. I speak from auto detailing experience and I've dealt with both tint and vinyl wrapped vehicles. The adhesive on tint is much stronger than what vinyl has.

photographers use "gels" which are pretty much colored film that they put over lights to change the color temperature of the strobe. Some of them come in big sizes and they don't have adhesive, varieties of colors and darkness are typically available.

I bought Black Magic Tint Film yesterday, while waiting 3 HOURS for my car battery to be replaced. I haven't cut it and tried it yet, but the packaging mentions spraying it with water and dish soap, then taping the ends. I've got it rolled out and hanging on my tank right now. I can see through it, but not really well. It's 35%.

The water with a little dish soap trick is very common. It helps you be able to smooth out the bubbles and get it applied nicely. As far as seeing through it it will get a little better when applied but it might take some getting used to on a tank.

Back