Our mission

Kessil Spectral Controller

The Kessil Spectral Controller will be available later this summer for $99

http://reefbuilders.com/2014/05/15/kessil-spectral-controller-play-nice-a360-leds/

spectral-controller-kessil.jpg

Curious what it does, is this basically a controller you set next to your power supply? Presumably it has a long enough cord to reach your pumps without being right next to them?

Curious what it does, is this basically a controller you set next to your power supply? Presumably it has a long enough cord to reach your pumps without being right next to them?

I would assume the controller delio gives same functionality that other leading LED manufacturers have (AI, Radion, etc.)

A lot of the folks that shy away from Kessil because they want a light that is controllable out of the box I guess.

Yeah, going by those comments there's a couple unhappy campers who need everything to seamlessly integrate into their smart phone life styles... even though they probably don't even own Kessils. Even though Radion and AI are not controllable out of the box really... unless you buy those wireless controllers as well :D

Even though Radion and AI are not controllable out of the box really... unless you buy those wireless controllers as well :D

Radions are. Plug them in and run the USB to your computer. Bam. Controlled. The wireless controllers are just so you don't have to plug them in to control them each time.

Radions are. Plug them in and run the USB to your computer. Bam. Controlled. The wireless controllers are just so you don't have to plug them in to control them each time.
Absolutely, I mistyped when I wrote what I did, referring to the comments in the article posted about how the other controllers are wireless, have smart phone apps, amongst other things.

I've always wondered what made you decide to switch lights?

Not that kessil was bad lighting, one of the nicest tanks I have seen in my life is powered by kessil. I just really wanted the radions for control and cheaper upgrades in the future. Also, kessils always need supplemental lighting.

Can't send in kessils for upgrades to the next gen lights ;)

That makes sense. Right now I'm in the process of switching from Vegas to kessil. Maybe one day I might consider the radions, I thought about them but just couldn't justify the price and the fact that I would need 3 of them over the 100. So far I've got to say I'm really impressed with kessil so far. I couldn't believe how fast the one I have brought back the color I had lost in my acans and a few other things that morphed under the Vegas. Sadly three days after the colors started to come back in the acans my copperband decided they were tasty lol.

Back