Reef nutrition

Thanks Mike Ray, BAR Treasurer, for taking care of BAR's $$$$

@mray2660 (Mike) just posted BAR's finances through mid-August, under Club Business. Thanks, Mike, for doing this faithfully every month / quarter.

If I'm reading it correctly (?!), club made $1154.60 on silent auctions so far this year - amazing!! Huge thanks to our sponsors and BOD that made this possible...

Curious, does anyone know exactly what is kept in the storage facility? I think the boxes @lattehiatus (David) brought to the swap came from there but is there a lot more stuff? Again, if I'm reading correctly, club paid $629 for storage so far this year. I'm wondering if there is a rule or restriction that says these items can't be kept in my garage to save money?!

Thanks again!

There are no rules that restrict storage of items at BoD members houses, I believe the idea of a storage locker came to fruition because storing things at peoples houses became a hassle, either hassle for the people storing, or hassle for the club because member So&So went on vacation so no glue sales this month because no one can get to the supplies, etc.

I believe the idea of a storage locker came to fruition because storing things at peoples houses became a hassle, either hassle for the people storing, or hassle for the club because member So&So went on vacation so no glue sales this month because no one can get to the supplies, etc.

Right on the nose! We are sorely in need of new storage options. If a volunteer is able to take on store items at your residence and are able to haul it to the meetings (or arrange to have another club member do so in your absence), it would be a huge help! The club's storage needs aren't too excessive - currently we have just a 6'x4' closet-sized space near Chabot.

@lattehiatus , all: I'll volunteer my garage to hold BAR items and bring things to meetings. I also have a door code that I can give out to a select few in case I'm not around....I'm in Castro Valley. Would that help?

Last edited:
@lattehiatus , all: I'll volunteer my garage to hold BAR items and bring things to meetings. I also have a door code that I can give out to a select few in case I'm not around....I'm in Castro Valley. Would that help?

That would be a huge help, Geneva - you rock! Do you drive a roomy car? If not, we could try to have helpers stop by before and after meetings to pick up and drop off. We can also make sure to have help for loading and unloading at the room in Chabot.

Could someone in the East Bay with a truck or minivan volunteer a couple hours to move the contents of the storage locker from Hayward to Castro Valley?

That would be a huge help, Geneva - you rock! Do you drive a roomy car? If not, we could try to have helpers stop by before and after meetings to pick up and drop off. We can also make sure to have help for loading and unloading at the room in Chabot.

Could someone in the East Bay with a truck or minivan volunteer a couple hours to move the contents of the storage locker from Hayward to Castro Valley?
@lattehiatus , I only have a Camry but can put the back seats down to move things from my garage to meetings. That would be great if you can coordinate getting the boxes from storage to my place! Please PM me for specifics! (thanks, @dswong01 and @Devon )

Back