Our mission

Newbie Nano Tank

Ya i was in the room and heard the clicking sound. Immediately looked at her tank and saw a trochus snail twerking its shell and making it hit the glass and causing a series of 6-8 clicks.

The sound stopped immediately when the snail stopped.

Her snail twerks!!!

Ok, so time for an update so I can record my progress and keep track of tank. In the past few weeks, I've added a couple of zoas, a black nassarius snail and my baby clownfish (Robin) to the tank :) My pom pom crab is doing great, comes out quite frequently. He's very but he makes me nervous as I've seen him picking at my lithophylon (within seconds of it being put in the tank) and a large rhodactis. Neither of them seem to have been bothered at all so for right now I'm going to try not to sweat it. I also upgraded my lights to a kessil 350 which makes my corals look WAY better.
Radioat-3.jpg

Radioat-6.jpg
RingFireTop-2.jpg

Pet bottle is a smart idea... just like a classic water dispenser & a 5gal bottle :)

Would love to see pics of coral...

Been a long time since I updated... Been busy with school and been letting Mike take care of it. He recently helped me redo the aquascaping. I also added a couple of new fish. A little clown and a barnacle blenny. Here's some pics :)
FullSizeRender.jpg
smaller rez 2.jpg
smaller rez.jpg

Okay so recently my little clown has begun to exhibit unusual hosting behavior. Instead of the aggressive almost seizure-like hosting of Ender's clownfish in their anemone, my little orange guy just lays down on my pink zippers for a few seconds before swimming away. Here's some pictures of him.
IMG_0619.jpg
IMG_0629.jpg

Snails are wierd.... Ender just found a snail on the floor by my tank... no idea how it got there but it's still alive so he stuck it back in. Wonder how long it was out on its little misadventure. o_O

I believe that live through both in their life cycle. IRC, someone told me they cannot breed in freshwater, and that their larvae need brackish or saltwater, and they escape so often because they travel so much in nature.

+1 to nerites escaping. We had 12 in our original cleanup crew when we setup our tanks and 3-4 were constantly crawling out. Sometimes they would get all the way across the room. I saved them whenever I could, but the most adventurous ones eventually hid under a couch or somewhere I couldn't rescue them. We just recently re-upped our snails and added some more, but no escapees yet. ::fingers crossed::

The trick I found was looking for their slime trail on the glass. Helps to both recognize one escaped and to track them down.

Haha well I guess I should feel very lucky then, I got three of the nerites at the last frag swap and this is the first time one has tried to escape. I think it's the rim of the tank that keeps them from wandering away.

Back