Neptune Aquatics

Looking to Add GFO to my tank.

I have been told that sometimes corals have a bad reaction to it. Don't want to put words in his mouth but I think Jeremy told me that he attributed it to phos guard pulling out phosphates too quickly and could result in too much of a change too quickly.
I have heard the same about too much GFO.
As usual - anything sudden is bad.
Although since it can affect Alk levels as well, could be that, not phosphates directly.

I have heard the same about too much GFO.
As usual - anything sudden is bad.
Although since it can affect Alk levels as well, could be that, not phosphates directly.

Alk levels? Are you talking about GFO or Phosguard?

Phosguard also removes silicates.

You might want to listen to Reef Threads Podcast #202. Guest is Craig Bingman, chemistry dude. :D He talks about GFO and silicate removal.

Alk levels? Are you talking about GFO or Phosguard?

Phosguard also removes silicates.

You might want to listen to Reef Threads Podcast #202. Guest is Craig Bingman, chemistry dude. :D He talks about GFO and silicate removal.

KEY : Alk drop is not always the case, and not well understood.
Yes, I meant GFO, but it might apply to Aluminum Oxide as well.
Some of the theories are not really iron specific.

Just wanted to update the thread and mention that I ended up with the phosband 150 media reactor. For the price it was a great option and easy to plumb.

@Enderturtle there are rubber elbows that came with the kit and I can see them degrading over time. I'm going to switch them out over the weekend with something that will be more secure.
90897fb5728b536c9aea23145b55ebfc.jpg
fcf2d77958a4f394ce64d600b96dbc0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Back