Jestersix

Creature ID?

Saw this while observing the tank under red lighting the other night. It looks like it has a hard shell, but it can flex around rocks, etc. Very slow moving.
IMG_20141109_210047~2.jpg

Never seen this one before! :)

Looks like a chiton to me. I don't consider chitons acrylic tank friendly. They turned the bottom 1/3 of a tank into 'frosted' acrylic! I don't know what they will do to glass. In the wild they eat into rock!

Yup, definitely looks like a chiton! Thanks for the ID. I have a glass tank so I think I should be okay. My divider to the sump is acrylic,but I'm not too worried about scratching that up.

you'll never find one in your tank ;) only one has been found in a saltwater tank so far and that was in the UK (the one in the pic I posted actually) but they are the things of nightmares...

I find myself more concerned with bacteria in the tank so I wear Nitrile gloves & a rubber band around the wrist whenever I mess around with the tank or need to grab sharp rocks. Of course it helps with my psycho clown who hates my guts & dreams of murdering my hand.

you'll never find one in your tank ;) only one has been found in a saltwater tank so far and that was in the UK (the one in the pic I posted actually) but they are the things of nightmares...

I find myself more concerned with bacteria in the tank so I wear Nitrile gloves & a rubber band around the wrist whenever I mess around with the tank or need to grab sharp rocks. Of course it helps with my psycho clown who hates my guts & dreams of murdering my hand.

Hah, oh trust me I've had nightmares of some of the things I've seen in my tank already. :)

Yes, the bacteria in the tank and slime from corals is more my concern. I was handling a frogspawn in the past and had a small cut on my finger; felt pretty poor after handling the frogspawn, so something must have got into the cut that didn't agree with me. I used to do the nitrile gloves with elastics before I got my shoulder gloves. I also pre-filled them with RO/DI water before putting my hands in them. I figured that way there was already water in the gloves so there was less chance of saltwater leaking in.

Back