Neptune Aquatics

[Feb 7, 2015] Fragging Workshop, Gear Swap, and Giveaway (Hayward, CA)

Happy New Year, everyone! We will be holding our first event of 2015 with a fragging workshop for those new to the hobby or just want to learn how others frag their corals. In addition, we're also having a gear swap as well. This is an opportunity to swap some of your aquarium equipment with other fellow reefers or just get rid of some of that equipment that has been sitting in your garage/storage for months/years.

Let's start off the new year of reefing strong! This event has been set in preparation for our Members Frag Swap on March 14, 2015.

So for the gear swap, we can sell equipment too right? I'm going to clean out my excess tank gear now that I'm doing this upgrade, so I'd love to sell some things. I don't want to trade for more stuff to have to store though! haha

Damn I think my wife planned some Chinese new year/hot pot thing with her friends that day, I definitely have a bunch of junk (but working junk) that I want to get rid of... I'm getting to the point where I'm about to say f' it and throw it all away.

If anybody has any corals they wanna bring in to get fragged this would be a good chance...
I know Geneva has a huge Hollywood stunner chalice. Anybody else? Let me know ASAP so I don't have to go buy stuff from sponsors for the demo...

So for the gear swap, we can sell equipment too right? I'm going to clean out my excess tank gear now that I'm doing this upgrade, so I'd love to sell some things. I don't want to trade for more stuff to have to store though! haha
Yeah, you can definitely sell stuff as well. It'll just be hard to compete if some folks are simply giving their equipment away. ;)

If anybody has any corals they wanna bring in to get fragged this would be a good chance...
I know Geneva has a huge Hollywood stunner chalice. Anybody else? Let me know ASAP so I don't have to go buy stuff from sponsors for the demo...
Yes, I'm bringing the chalice and maybe a very large green with purple rim monti for fragging demo....will be giving away the frags if anyone is interested.

Yeah, you can definitely sell stuff as well. It'll just be hard to compete if some folks are simply giving their equipment away. ;)
I'll see things for very cheap. I am taking tanks down, so I have some nice, almost new equipment that it would be hard to give away for free. Such as BRS dual media reactor with Cobalt MJ1200 pump, 2 BRS peristaltic dosing pumps (1.1 mL/min), etc.

I'm hoping to make this out.

I have two skimmers to sell: a nice Remora Nano and Remora Pro S skimmer with pre-filter overflow/bubble trap.

Unfortunately all my corals are WAY too tiny to frag . However, I'd be interested in seeing the fragging happening, and check out what frags/equipment people have to sell.

Anyone want to buy/trade a MASSIVE Sequence 1000 pump? Its similar to a Reeflo Hammerhead I believe. :) Yeah, not sure that'll get a lot of hits here in Cali with our pricey power.

what room will this be in? While I am all for swaps and selling gear, I know in the past not many people actually bought stuff : ) Depends on how folks are coming I guess. The year we had vendor and the club selling coral was ok...we had those stations setup to answer questions remember. Lighting, water tests, etc...

Please indicate / post above whether you plan to attend (yes, No, Maybe). Room 2338 has just been confirmed - it is next to the cafeteria to the right but no room number label the last time we met there in December. Parking Lot B12 is the closest.

I will bring a chunk of White Candy Cane coral.
Yeah, not even remotely fancy. I will not be surprised if nobody wants it.
Really just for anyone to practicing fragging.
Although, while we often have "white coral" in our tanks, it is not because it is alive. :mad:

Back