Our mission

[Mar 14, 2015] Members Frag Swap and General Membership Meeting (Hayward, CA)

Glad to see you excited for the event Kara!

I am expecting a decent amount of new faces at this swap. The frag swap flyer for this event has been posted at 8 major local fish stores within the immediate San Francisco Bay Area.

We will be hosting some really nice prizes from the donations receieved by the frag swap sponsors. We will be posting a thread asking for event volunteers soon to help out with setting up (moving tables around, etc).

I'd also like to ask that anyone planning on attending this event, please rsvp and click Yes or Maybe for the event.

That sucks...That you changed what was NOT eligible...I have been following this because I had GSP (I know the weed of corals) and this barley kept me having 3 different frags for the swap (I'm just getting started so don't have really much frags to give back as of yet), but GSP was not included until just the other day because I went threw the list very carefully and alerted Denzil of the links to the corals the were originally posted here that were not eligible and GSP was NOT one of them and today when I looked the old links are gone and new pictures are posted and BAM the first picture is GSP......and I already fragged my GSP so it would have time to encrust on the frag plugs....bummer

I will still come but will not be able to enter as I don't have enough to qualify for the 3 different frags to participate.

U can go to a LFS and purchase a frag to qualify to make your 3 frags.

I could do that, but with the large and good discussion we have been having on pest from the LFS I would hate to put one in the Frag swap and have something bad happen to a fellow reefers tank....just saying...lol

Needles to say I will have FREE GPS frags for who ever wants them...lol

Would I need to put them into individual containers or can I bring a big container and people could pick out which ones they want?

I always thought GSP was not accepted. I guess it was left out this time around?

Speaking of GSP, I'm always looking for as much as I can get! Probably won't be able to make it to the swap though

I could do that, but with the large and good discussion we have been having on pest from the LFS I would hate to put one in the Frag swap and have something bad happen to a fellow reefers tank....just saying...lol

It's great you made other connections but you don't have to worry about bringing corals from a LFS. There is no guarantee that any source of corals is pest free. We always say, "Assume every coral you get is infested with all the worst pests known!"

Dip all of them, QT if you feel the need.

I always thought GSP was not accepted. I guess it was left out this time around?

That is what I thought also that is why I was watching it closely and it was not stated at first but now is...lol

Speaking of GSP, I'm always looking for as much as I can get! Probably won't be able to make it to the swap though

Well I have GSP but live in Santa Cruz, so if you would like to go to the beach some time I will always have some for you...lol

Either way. They were listed under starburst polyps or something before. Weird easy coast name or something. Sorry for te confusion.

No worries I just knew it was one of those that are on the fence and when we were at the Frag workshop and I mentioned it you gave that look like .... I'm not sure about that...but it wasn't listed so I thought I got lucky....lol

Yeah GSP have been on not eligible list for quite a few years, if it didn't get posted it was an oversight.

That said, I'm still going to continue campaigning to get most of those 'not eligible' reclassified for swaps :)
I have a refugium area that I've been putting weedy stuff into, in the hopes it will cover the rocks rather than the bubble algae :D (so if no newbies grab your GSP frags I'll probably grab one :))

Mike

I will have plenty I think I have 10 frag plugs (not all were going into the swap) of GSP so there should plenty to go around.

Folks always seem to want GSP and xenia so members bring them to be placed on a "freebie" table at these events in the past and I'm sure we can do that again.

Back