Jestersix

Joel's Tank Journal(s)

Thanks Mike. Good seeing you at Saturday's BAR / BAP event.

I like that chalice I purchased from from the BAR tank. Can you tell me what it's called? I tried finding it on your tank journal, and couldn't identify it amongst all those nice chalice frags you've got growing. I'm a Fan :D

It seems fairly delicate, so I hope it grows fast. I have it low on the reef under good light and moderate current. Do you have any suggestions for placement and growing out? I start out some of my chalices lower to avoid bleaching, and then move them up once they overcome the stress of being introduced to the display. I's pretty showy and would like to get it more out in the open. Can you tell me the growing habits of this particular coral? It looks like the type that creates scrolls and encrusts onto live rock easily? PLMK when you get around to it. I'll try to post a photo b4 the week is over.

Happy Fragging,
Joel

Miami hurricane.

DSC_0459.jpg
I have this lower on the reef, and it seems to be taking to my display well.

I photographed this under 2 x110W SHVOs and 1 56W T5 Super Actinics. I only adjusted the temperature slightly when editing the photo.

I like it a lot. Thank you for placing this beauty in our Club's Tank at BAP.

Miami Hurricane

Last edited:
It's taken me a while to get out of my funk and take a photo of the crazing, after the Icee Gel tube bursted on to the display. While I tell myself it not that bad, I would like to see it repaired if possible. It was so ready to show this week, and was glad I was not on the Showing list for the Tank Tour Sunday. Any way, here is a photo, LMK if you think it can be buffed out / repaired.... Thanks

DSC_0049.jpg

Bummer about the Icee Gel burst. It's tough to tell from this close up pic, but the issue doesn't look all that bad. I have no idea about buffing, but I hope it all works it okay.

I'm looking for someone who could maintenance my system this year in the event Tube Rider isn't available. I think TR said there's someone in Pacifica, David? If you have any suggestions please let me know.
So sorry I missed the swap today: I have a bunch of stuff I have been growing out this past year. Bummer. That's what happens when I'm not on the boards for so long. Last post was November.

Just replaced my my ATO.com top off with a Tunze 3500 Osmolator b/c the former was leaking voltage and tripping the gfci.

Initially, the Tunze sensor kept faulting and kept pumping out f/w from the reservoir. It was really irritating.:confused: After reading Screebo's post on this subject, I was able to get it working just fine. I'm so happy now: Here is the link to his Screebo's post below

Fresh Water Top Off | Bay Area Reefers | BAR

Thanks to Kmooresf and Screebo for their input and suggestions. :D

DSC_0375.JPGDSC_0377.JPG

Last edited:
Glad it's working Joel. I haven't had a single problem in two years with mine, so I'm hoping you have the same luck. Thanks for stopping by today. Always fun to talk tank.

I actually got mine from Screebo. :)

Unfortunately, I think I need to have it looked at because the electrical contacts on the AC adapter and the controller unit have been weathered a bit by conditions of the tank. I tried to scrub everything off with a wire brush and while it helped some, it's still not quite a clean contact. Any fidgeting with the connection between the AC adapter and the controller unit causes it to deliver F/W instead of registering that the water level's okay.

I have yet to contact Tunze about it but just may do that soon.

I actually got mine from Screebo. :)

Unfortunately, I think I need to have it looked at because the electrical contacts on the AC adapter and the controller unit have been weathered a bit by conditions of the tank. I tried to scrub everything off with a wire brush and while it helped some, it's still not quite a clean contact. Any fidgeting with the connection between the AC adapter and the controller unit causes it to deliver F/W instead of registering that the water level's okay.

I have yet to contact Tunze about it but just may do that soon.

I read John's TJ page. and he stated that he needed to move his around before he got it working. I wiped down the sensor and moved the sensors away from the electrical and pumps, and that took care of the problem I was experiencing and which you are describing. I hope that takes care of it.

Just added a Jebao WP-25 wave maker to my system yesterday. I finally have it dialed in, so it isn't blowing up a storm. It's moving a lot of water, and the LPS's seem to be responding well. Next, I'm going to have to update my TJ's front page to show all the updated things I've added. At the end of this month, my set up will be 6 years old. It's gone pretty fast. The Koralias and ATO.com top off were both leaking voltage. I would expect that from the 6 year old pumps, but not from a top off that was < 6 months old. Paul at ATO.com is making me jump through hoops to be refunded since the device began faulting . Now, he's requesting I upload video of the device cutting out when it's in fresh water. I don't think that's fair, as I didn't buy it to use with fresh water. Some people.... I've included a photo of a new frag I added to my display from Kmooresf. Thank you Kmooresf I'm loving it.
DSC_0395.JPG
DSC_0393.JPG
CSC_0389.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0392.JPG
    DSC_0392.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
I tore down my 38g fresh water tank this week, and Susan is asking me to find a stable home for our pet of 2+ years. Is there someone who can provide a safe, clean, filtered, 72 degree or so environment for Scarlet? We'd really appreciate it.

Thank you :)
Scarlet DSC_0454.JPG

Well, Susan and I could not part with our freshwater friend "Scarlet," our 2 year young beta. We got a new home for it in a MarineLand 4 gallon with bio wheel and LED lighting (Blue and White modes). He's seems content in his new
IMG_0427.jpg

Last edited:
So glad I purchased an r/o 5 stage system from BRS: No longer do I have to fill my trunk 15 (5 gal) to buy R/O water from Lighthouse in HMB every other month for the past 7 years. Not to mention the 20 mile round trip :0(

DSC_0363.JPG

Congrats congrats!!! I recently picked up a brs 5 stage myself. Got the dual ro membrane :) water saver

Nice, I'd like to learn more about the "water saver" feature as we pay more for water here, than any place in the U.S; and the unit expells / rejects apx 2/3rds of the water entering the unit. :0(

Back