got ethical husbandry?

El Cubo De Swayd

The reefcentral SF Bay area forum is cool but 90% of it is Buy/Sell/Trade.

I'm also interested in a frag tank. All these zoa frags are taking up space in my tank.

It just make sense to me. Sometimes I'm not ready or haven't found a spot for a coral yet so I want them on the rack somewhere but I don't want things to disrupt the "natural" look of my display tank. Or if I want to get ready for a frag swap or sell frags it'd be nice to keep frags there. When I have time maybe I'll set up a small satellite frag tank and plumb it to my main tank.

Yeah RC won't let me look at any of that stuff yet lol.

Yes!!!! I might look in to the eBay frag tanks or maybe advanced acrylics. I just need a small AIO about 24" x 18" x 8" to throw some stuff in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have been lurking on RC and was googling best frag tanks and I came across my next project!!!

I have convinced my beautiful, smart and amazing Fiance to let me rearrange the spare bedroom and set up a 100G rubber maid stock tank! All I will put in it will be LR, chemipure-elite, a skimmer, lights and pumps. At first she was not too thrilled about the idea but I then rearranged the room and set up a futon and she actually liked how the room looked. I showed her where I would put it and she did not even mind! I am so excited at this point I might chop up some zoas I have growing out to start some funds to get this beast started by 4/24 lol.

On another note, I stopped by Aquatic Collection yesterday and picked up what seems to be a "Needle in a Haystack Acro". I absolutely love it!

Good job on complimenting the fiance! Lol

This sounds like a great idea. I will look towards your frag tank build as inspiration. I kinda want a small frag tank for my setup though. Wonder if i can just make it using some thick acrylic from tap plastics.

Good job on complimenting the fiance! Lol

This sounds like a great idea. I will look towards your frag tank build as inspiration. I kinda want a small frag tank for my setup though. Wonder if i can just make it using some thick acrylic from tap plastics.
Thanks!
Been doing research and found that stock tanks tend to leak from the drain. Already ordered higher quality bulkheads to change them out and started to order parts for the ATO. I am so excited, I just cant help myself!

Crappy pic of the needle in a haystack Acro. Will take more pics under whites later today.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429381174.971018.jpg

Marine Depot just did a short video on How to frag & build a frag tank:

Thanks for the link but lucky for me I just came across an awesome deal on a 144G tank with 30g sump. Frag tank plans have been put on hold until I renew my lease in June and I will be focusing on this new set-up for the meantime! 60 cube and 40B will be decommissioned this weekend.

This tank will be decommissioned this weekend. Plans for a small(100-150G) grow out tank is in the process and my new 144G build is coming soon.

Back