got ethical husbandry?

Forum Contest: Neptune Aquatics Zoa Grow-out Contest REGISTRATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible picture but I'm in! Thanks Mike and Jill for having me over yesterday! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 366
I got my frag from @Enderturtle but managed to rip it in half in the process of refragging it on a new plug.

I guess time will tell if it survives, haha. I think this effectively disqualifies me from the running. :p

My zoa is still doing OK but I'm going to wait a week to move him from the frag plug to a live rock since they seem so fragile. Thanks to Mike for the warning on these guys.

Yeah I actually dont recommend switching out the frag plugs on these until theyve become acclimated to your tank for a week or two. But with the right tools and precision you could get them off the plug if you want to do so.

The frag plugs theyre on are relatively clean and my tank is pest free if you want to take my word. I recommend dipping everything from any tank though.

They cost 10$ to purchase but that is the discounted price for BAR members. They arent a cheap "10$ zoa" in the sense of hardiness and growth rate.

In other words, theyre a sensitive mid-end zoa which require a little extra care.

I made a thread on how I ripped another kind of zoa in half and how it survived. I dont think this one is as hardy lol.

Last edited:
Kind of sad that I'm out before everyone has even started...
I was a little overzealous with mine and mounted it the day I brought it home. Looked nice for a couple of days, then went out of town for work last week, and came back to it just gone. Should have let it settle in for a while before stressing it by scraping it off the plug and gluing to my rockwork.
Good luck everyone!

Picked it up yesterday. Per instructions very slow acclimation. Opened up a some yesterday but definitely more finicky than reg Zoas (the other frags I picked up at the same time were fully open within minutes after that slow acclimation).

Here it is this morning.

ZebraZoa.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back