Our mission

Drunkm0nk3y's IM Nano Fusion 20

Drunkm0nk3y

Supporting Member
Background

I had an ADA 60f that was running pretty well till I got a nasty outbreak of Dino Algae. After trying to fight it I decided to just break it down and start over. but this time with a IM Fusion 20 tank.

Nano reef November 2014 by Carlo Apalis, on Flickr

Equipment List:

Tank: Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20

Lights: Kessil a360we with Kessil goose neck and 90 degree adaptor. paired up with Kessil Spectral Controller

Flow: Vortec Mp10

Return: Sicce 1.5 & 2 SpinStream Nozzle

Heater: Eheim Jager 100W

Skimmer: IM Ghost Desktop Skimmer

Reactor: IM MiniMax Reactor Desktop - Running Aquamaxx GFO.

ATO: Tunze 3152 Nano & 5 gallon Jug

Controller: Neptune Apex JR with PM1

Stand: Ikea Besta Frame. with doors and legs

Rock: Real Reef Rock Cycled from LFS

Misc: 2x InTank Media Baskets. Chemi Pure Elite , Purigen, Two Little Fishes Nano Glass Cleaner. Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Transferred most of my coral over and made a DIY frag rack. My Clownfish and Gbta is happy.

NanoReef-4.jpg by Carlo Apalis, on Flickr

Hey welcome!

Saw your post on facebook. Nice tank!

Youll see with barebottoms that snails poop alotttttt.

Im digging the nuvo im fusions. Was planning on getting your exact tank for a cuttlefish/frag tank but decided not to.

FYI you can beat dinoflagellates. A couple of people on here have dealt with and beat it.

So if you run into dinoflaggelates again, post here and theyll let ya know how they got rid of it.

Anthias get big in a 20g n they get mean. You might have issues introducing more docile fish after this.

Nice tank! Was also 1 of my choices when I was researching what to buy for my 1st tank.

Anthias get big in a 20g n they get mean. You might have issues introducing more docile fish after this.

Nice tank! Was also 1 of my choices when I was researching what to buy for my 1st tank.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. he seems to be fine currently with the Clownfish, as they were both swimming together. But none the less Im only adding one more fish, then more coral.

Carlo

Another update this week. I just added one more fish and a torch coral. dont have a picture of the Fire Fish, but here is the torch that i took this morning.

obviously the picture is not greatest. did some editing on the flickr app

Untitled by Carlo Apalis, on Flickr

@Enderturtle its a PicoAquariums Shallow Shield. I had it on my ada 60f to help stop sucking in air when its too close to the top. I figured i try it out on the IM 20 to see if it makes a difference.

Yea that Branching Gold Hammer is dope! It was 60 per head, and I asked for a good size 1 head and it turns out they give me a 2 head Hammer.

Yeah man look closely at those frags at california reef co.

When they first put them out, they might be single, but corals grow as they're sitting there. Also Matt's a super nice guy and will usually hook you up. There's a 3 polyp frag of White Velvets for 40$, started as a single. Saw this one guy pick up a 3-4 polyp frag of ultimate chaos zoas for 60$ before. If it's in a priced rack, they usually will sell it at that price even if there are extra polyps.

Back