Cali Kid Corals

Nly04's tank

Thank you for your comment. I notice you are running Apex, any tip on how to set it up? Which equipments that you need to control?.

It can be quite overwhelming to figure out, but I first set mine up on the table not connected to the tank, just had a couple night lights plugged into the EB8 so when I programmed the outlets I could visually watch how the outlets were working and doing what I had pictured in my head of what I wanted the outlets do....The other thing I did was printed out the CRM (Comprehensive Reference Manual) pdf and I read this multiple times and thing like the OSC (this allows the outlet in an OFF/ON/OFF sequinse) and a few other programs were sorta hard to wrap my head around but after reading the manual looking at Reeftronics at other members using this programming I started to get it and I use it for my dosing pumps, and my ATO pump....I then wrote my programming for my feeders and return pumps and tried them on the bench before implementing on my tank...

I will be glad to help you set it up and if I get stumped Neptune has an AWESOME customer base that helps their customers with all type of programs ....

I have it control a lot on my tank...It controls my cooling fans, Automatic feeder, Kessil lighting, Heater, Ca Reactor pumps, pH probes, ORP probe, Temp Probe, CO2 Solenoid, reactor pumps, skimmer pumps, Return pump, dosser pumps, ATO pump, work lights turn on when I open my stand doors, ......PLUS....I am setting up a HUGE ATO/ Automatic water changer that I will be expanding on to my Apex and have it be all automatic!!!

So your equipment can be endless to what you can control.....:D

Automatic, has nothing to do with maintenance....Yes you have to clean probes, like you would have to do in any situation using probes, same with pumps, they and to be taken apart and cleaned and gone threw to REDUCE the chance of failure, but there is always the possibility of failure....the key is how fast you learn about the failure so you can act appropriately to the situation...

A big Thank to Mark, Ron and Boun, the tank now is inside the house. Just finish plumping and lighting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 258
So far so good after three days of running with tap water. Tank look boring but good thing is no water leak from tank, sump and plumping. Radion and Vortech are programed. Only issue is noise from return, Im still trying to adjust the flow to make it less noise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 262
Nice setup! It will be cool to watch what comes next.
Your homemade ATO container is acrylic? Do you have a lot of experience with that? I'm thinking yes, based on the rest of your great looking work!

I end up picked up 5 bags of live sand from Joe at AC. It enough for 1" sand bed. I have water at the overflow level yesterday and run out of water, i will fill it up today after filter some more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 261
Atfer three months of waiting, the new tank arrived middle of last week. Big thank to Anathema and Rygh to help moving out the old tank 125g and moving in the new tank 150g. It's not a big upgrade but this is the max I can go for a 4ft area. I was able to swap it out last Saturday and it took me all day to do it.

I followed suggestion from Boun, Kensington and others to move life stock to a temporary bin and reuse most of old water.... I finally move all coral and fish back to the DT the day after.

I noticed most of the coral are slowly recover and get back to the normal condition beside a couple mushroom still trying to acclimate to the new condition.

Here are couple pictures of the set up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 256
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 248
Back