Neptune Aquatics

Vodka Dosing Spreadsheet and Chart

I'm currently putting together an Excel spreadsheet for those interested in Vodka dosing. Will be posting the file here in a few days.

Simply just input your tank volume in gallons and it'll calculate everything you need. Makes record keeping easier and even has a chart to monitor the process for those people like me who seem to do better with pictures. I made a little spreadsheet to help me when I started vodka dosing and it made my life easier. Hopefully it will do the same for those interested in starting vodka dosing.

If people are interested, I can put in other things as well such as alk, calc, and mag to monitor those things as well.

Here's a little sample of the WIP:

upload_2015-6-21_16-54-40.png

Its a little empty right now as I only started working on it. (Numbers are a bit exaggerated as I only wanted some data for the chart :p)

Heading off to work now.. will continue working when I get home.

Neat, I wonder why the phosphates went to zero well ahead of the nitrates, perhaps limitations of the testing equipment? (looks like 0.25 accuracy)

Also what units is your dosing? are those mL? in which case how the heck did you get 0.01 precision? Have some super fine gradient pipettes?

I've been doing both vinegar and vodka dosing. Managed to get my nitrates to zero (as per last test I did), however the tank looks worse now (damn herbivores have been slacking off it seems!)

Sadly I dont have any records of my experiments, which is why I created this spreadsheet couple days ago. I'm currently on .2ml a day on vodka dosing and nitrates are now down to 0. I am however stuck on phosphates. I cant tell if its 0ppm or .25ppm.

Either way, I'm going to continue vodka dosing as tank seems to be growing and happy with it. I have a slight cyano issue, but its probably because I have a dead spot there. I might pick up another power head to fix that issue

Back