Cali Kid Corals

What are you bringing to the swap ?

Yeah I think the guy who donated a ton of these to a swap or two ago said it was a Miami Hurricane, but then I recall someone complaining after the swap that it wasn't.

First one got from a BAR raffle back in the day, the sponsor I think called it "Alien Invader" I think it's similar to the "Alien Eye" (at least that's what google shows me) and I remember those days of every LFS getting corals that kinda sorta looked like a particular popular named one and simply copied that name.

So maybe I'll just call them
Miami Hurricane(ish) chalice
Alien Eye(ish) chalice :D
I got a piece of the one that was donated and it is a miami hurricane.

Yeah I know what you mean Charles, every swap I grab like a birdsnest or montipora nobodiwantis just to see if it will survive in my tank, does good for a while then pffffbt.

Okay here's my final frag list, stuff I actually got around to fragging xD ... All the corals pictured are definitely coming. Along with Pink zipper, YR peachy blues, king midas, green pallys, and some lavender/pink wild zoas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know what you mean Charles, every swap I grab like a birdsnest or montipora nobodiwantis just to see if it will survive in my tank, does good for a while then pffffbt.

Mine does that as well, teases me , making me think I can venture to SPS then all the sudden one morning or I get home from work and the large frag is All WHITE. SMH. I'm down to 3 SPS in my tank now. I had issue with 2 different brand KH test kits that were giving me quite different readings. Guess my water was off and didn't know it was due to test kit being off. Ended up going to Roberts to buy a couple saliferts and the API and other brand test kit were both off.

I literally had to do a dry run with empty containers to see how many frags I can fit in my styro container. Looks like 30 will fit but I have an extra smaller styro just incase I make some bigger purple stylo frags.

My problem is I always forget I don't have the 8 or 16 ounce containers, and the day of the swap I'm rocking 32 ounce containers and trying to bring them in a cooler that's barely big enough for a sammich and a soda :D

Long time no see... I have a few things to bring: Couple pieces of Hollywood stunner, red/orange monti-cap, green with pink edges monti-cap, green polyp toadstool, (and a bunch of beginner stuff and take-out containers I've been hoarding).

I've got to say I absolutely love my toadstool. I think it's so cool, even though I still think it kind of looks like a penis when it doesn't have its polyps out..... BUT when it's out its one of my favorite coral :) Can't wait for it to get bigger so I can frag it. I was looking at videos of how to frag it and it looks like fun

Just got done getting some frags ready to go.

Bringing Pink Zippers, Utter Chaos, Sunny Ds, Blondies, Acans, Lobo, Dendros. May also bring a green tipped purple hairy mushroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got done getting some frags ready to go.

Bringing Pink Zippers, Utter Chaos, Sunny Ds, Blondies, Acans, Lobo, Dendros. May also bring a green tipped purple hairy mushroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you can make it - are you bringing your MOM?! She is more than welcome!!

Back