Kessil

seasonal fish problems?

The past few times I have gone to any LFS, I noticed that obvious fish disease seem to be much more pronounced now than I historically remember. Given that I have spent a huge amount of time/effort to get disease/parasite free fowlr tanks, I am afraid to touch the new fish.

I am curious if other folks have noticed this, or if it is just me being paranoid? Is it a seasonal thing?

Yes, it's a seasonal thing because of weather change and flight delays due to holidays, fish and corals arrive more stress out. I am surprised to hear that you are seeing it now but then again there a lot of tropical storms around Hawaii and Asia this year. Also this is the reason why it has been a very fruitful year of exotic fish available to the general public with pintail, crescent, Katherine and black margin wrasses

Last edited:
Concerned mainly about ich?

Or other disease?

I've had bouts with velvet, brook, ich, possibly vibro, uronema, possible cyanide poisoning, etc, so mainly everything :(

What I see recently is worse than a little ich on the tangs; in the best stores, in almost every tank/system, I am seeing at least one fish that I know will be dead before next week. It wasn't like this in the recent past.

Last edited:
Back