High Tide Aquatics

130g custom build

Finally after much silence....a teaser.

solid blocking, 6x6 beams and 3 6x6 columns, per structural engineer's recommendation.

kEe0NIx.jpg

To the left, in that little closet like space, there is one more beam/post
7qQR15j.jpg

Last edited:
Quick pick of the move. Had to take it up to the front door which is above be garage up some rather steep deck stairs. Took a breather on the landing halfway up to rest.

6G58Jfc.jpg

Congrats , been along time. Last time I saw you it was at your apt in San Mateo
Its been a while since Ive been really excited about my tanks but i think its coming back. Between the house hunting and generally being busy i missed some parameters and had a major crash resulting in an almost complete loss of SPS. A tad disappointing to say the least, but on the bright side, it'll make moving the 40g into the new tank that much easier.

Here's the current timeline for the 130:

We're having our floors refinished this week, and we are moving into the house officially this weekend, so i will start filling the tank next week.
Today I am combining the 28 Biocube we have with the 40g and we will relocate the 40g the following weekend and it'll live temporarily in the basement until the 130 is cycled.

Stay Tuned!

Update: near final stand placement. Also have an electrician coming on Friday to install two sets of outlets, each one on a separate breaker. Conveniently one of the electrical panels is in the same room, on the same wall.
wscfrnZ.jpg

Will the tank interfere with access to that panel?

Love your optimistic timeline. It's going to be a lovely tank!!
Haha, yea my timelines got thrown out of the window, but we'll be taking this slow. I hope to start filling it this coming weekend, and we will only start stocking it a few weeks after that.

Beautiful looking tank and sump setup. Is that a Trigger Systems Tideline? I can't tell if it's the 36 or 48.

Yea, its the 36 inch tideline.

Some noteworthy updates over the weekend.

The 40g is now in my new house in the basement. After the 130 is up, I'll use this as a quarantine tank.

On that note 130 is finally going up on the stand tomorrow. Wahoo!

U9tuA2q.jpg

No buckets Status achieved! Water station fully plumbed for mixing and feeding fresh salt and ro to the second floor via iawaki high pressure pump, and drain down to basement sink. Pics to follow.

No buckets Status achieved! Water station fully plumbed for mixing and feeding fresh salt and ro to the second floor via iawaki high pressure pump, and drain down to basement sink. Pics to follow.

here are pics.

Outlet and drain on the second floor:
1dymrDh.jpg

Plumbing goes up the laundry chute:

l8vzKdm.jpg

It is a mess of plumbing but it all works! All driven by Iwaki WMD-40RLT (American motor)

sc3uVwT.jpg

Back