got ethical husbandry?

Anyone try a diy frozen feeder?

Hhmmmm I really life that idea as well. Though I'm thinking a stainless tube would be a better idea to avoid potential contamination.

All this is really getting my creative side running. I'm definitely going to try to pull this off.

I'll have to see if I can make a cad model of this.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was thinking copper due to thermal conductivity, but yes, stainless would be much better.

I was thinking copper due to thermal conductivity, but yes, stainless would be much better.
Yes true. I hadn't thought of using metal to help keep the food cool. Even my "carousel bin" concept would benefit from a metal bottom plate to keep things cool. It seems 316 stainless is hard to machine (for an amateur) so with my design I could just have a stainless plate that the carousel turns on top of.

As far as stirring a liquid food to keep it from settling, that can be done easily with a magnetic stirrer and stir bar: http://www.amazon.com/Hanna-Instrum..._4?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1452217177&sr=1-4

These can be had used on ebay for $30 and would easily fit in a mini-fridge.
This is true. I've used a pc fan with magnets glued to it to drive a magnetic stir bar and it works well. Though a purpose built device would be more reliable.

Back